Mobile Holiday Biome Mimics for lesser mobile holidays

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
Hey guys! So this will be part 1 of 3 of a suggestion that will hope to revitalize and save the mobile version exclusive holiday content. Part 2 will be Turkor, 3 will be Lepus. But let's begin, because I don't wanna see this content go.

So I feel like the more minor holiday events should have weapons alongside the pets and stuff they currently have. Just to make them more interesting. And I figured the easiest way to do this was with biome-style mimics. Each of these has 3 weapons and the Keys for each will be sold by the Merchant at the time the holiday is going on, each for 6 gold, and at the tier the holiday's weapons are at onward (they're not all early hardmode!). Let's begin!

Valentine's Day

The Valentine's Day event sees a biome mimic with far less health, damage and defense, whose key is sold by the Merchant at any time including pre-Hardmode. Defeating it grants you these weapons:

Lovelin
12 melee damage
24 use time
Basically a Daybreak/Bone Javelin styled weapon that fires infinite heart javelins that stick to enemies, damaging them over time.

Cupid's Bow
11 ranged damage
25 use time
Transforms Wooden Arrows into the already implemented Heart Arrows. Cannot be affected by use time modifiers.

Sweetheart Flurry
4 magic damage
7 use time
Basically an early game Crystal Storm. Fires candy hearts at enemies.

Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest has a mimic whose key is sold in Hardmode any time, and the mimic has the exact same stats as other biome mimics. The following weapons are present:

Cheese Pretzel (3)
43 melee damage
15 use time
Chakram. Stacks up to 3, and 3 are always dropped. Has a chance to inflict Ichor on enemies (the "cheese").

Beer Blaster
45 melee damage
25 use time
Non-ammo consuming ranged weapon. Shoots a blast of beer kinda like the extra Onyx Blaster projectile. When under the Tipsy effect, the crit chance doubles and extra Aqua Scepter projectiles fly out; however, the damage is 2/3 what it was.

Forest Elf Staff
37 summon damage
Summons a forest elf to throw leaves at enemies. Unlike the Pygmies, another grounded minion with a projectile, these leaves dissipate after a few seconds in the air.

St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day contains a biome mimic available after all three mech bosses are defeated. It has slightly more health and damage than a normal one. The weapons are:

Rainbow Flareknives
27 melee damage
18 use time
Fires four knife projectiles like Vampire Knives. One inflicts On Fire!, one Cursed Inferno, one Frostburn and one Shadowflame.

Coin Pistol
15/25/75/145 ranged damage
11 use time
Basically a Shotgun + Phoenix Blaster sidegrade to the Coin Gun. Shoots two coins but consumes both. Inflicts Midas.

4-Leaf Shamrocker
37 magic damage
45 use time
A weaker Razorblade Typhoon that
fires giant 3x3 clover blades. Each clover homes, pierces and bounces infinitely.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I like this, but just a just a few things.

Cupid's Bow
11 ranged damage
25 use time
Transforms Wooden Arrows into the already implemented Heart Arrows

Heart arrows could be used to infinitely stun the enemy with just a few use time boosting items. Maybe make it so the ut cannot be boosted?

Beer Blaster
15 melee damage
25 use time
Non-ammo consuming ranged weapon. Shoots a blast of beer kinda like the extra Onyx Blaster projectile. When under the Tipsy effect, the damage quadruples and crit chance doubles.

That is useless without tipsy. Personally I would have tipsy create an alternate, aqua scepter mode and buff the normal stats.

The key is sold?

As a closing note, how about a 6 gold price on the keys?

I like this, but just a just a few things.

Cupid's Bow
11 ranged damage
25 use time
Transforms Wooden Arrows into the already implemented Heart Arrows

Heart arrows could be used to infinitely stun the enemy with just a few use time boosting items. Maybe make it so the ut cannot be boosted?

Beer Blaster
15 melee damage
25 use time
Non-ammo consuming ranged weapon. Shoots a blast of beer kinda like the extra Onyx Blaster projectile. When under the Tipsy effect, the damage quadruples and crit chance doubles.

That is useless without tipsy. Personally I would have tipsy create an alternate, aqua scepter mode and buff the normal stats.

The key is sold?

As a closing note, how about a 6 gold price on the keys?
These are all pretty good ideas. I'll update the thread eventually.

Back
Top Bottom