This thread is for you to discuss the amazing game, "Hollow Knight"
Make sure to have fun!
hollowknight-1280-1529623462572_1280w.jpg
Stuff to discuss:
Bosses
Upgrades
Abilities
Art
Basically anything Hollow Knight related!

Rules:
Stay on topic of the thread
No NSFW at any time
Memes are allowed but only if they are Hollow Knight related
No pirated version of Hollow Knight

Last edited:
I got into this game recently, and I am loving it!

Compared to even actual Metroid games, the freedom this game gives you is astonishing, after getting what I think of as the 2 core movement upgrades (Mothwing Cloak) and (Mantis Claw) it almost opens up the whole World to you, letting you get to most of the areas. From there a player can go to any location whether it be the Crystal Peaks, City of Tears, Royal Waterways, or the Deepnest. I pretty much followed my instincts and discovered a lot of things that way. Though friends of mine who have played before have given me tips and pointers along the way. I thank them for the warnings.

I like how many areas the World of Hallownest has, it feels larger than some Metroid games even which is a great feeling to get. It is also interesting how the bugs of the kingdom use Nails for weapons, it is a unique take on a weapon not seen very often.

Some of the bosses, especially the dream world bosses do feel ridiculous in difficulty, but they do feel fair still. The patterns aren't too hard to learn, and there is always fair warning.

Now I'm looking forward to the Hornet DLC coming at some point, though there's still stuff I have to do in the meantime. I'm not sure if I'll be ready for Steel Soul mode though.

Got it sometime in 2018 and still only have 108 or 109% completion (darn you godmaster)
Also now that hornet dlc is another freaking game (Silksong) there’s a sequel to hollow knight. Woohoo.
(Also i did path of pain.)

Last edited:
I have a cousin who loves it, Bought it on every single platform he has. However, it might not be my kind of game from what I tried, but I might be quick to make that judgement, as literally everyone I know who has played Hollow Knight says it's their favorite game.

Hollow Knight does have it's problems (mostly the difficulty in my case), but it's probably one of my favorite Indie games and Metroidvanias, right up there with Terraria and Super Metroid. I'll probably get Silksong when it comes out as well.

I’m honestly surprised at how little this thread has been noticed, Hollow Knight is a great game and I know a lot of people on these forums who also enjoy it. Quick Slash + Unbreakable Strength + Sharp Shadow + Unbreakable Heart will always be my favorite setup, but Spell Twister + Shaman Stone + Grubsong + Soul Eater is a close second. As for bossfights, White Defender, Mantis Lords, and Grimm (Not NKG) are my favorites thanks to the sheer pace and variety of attacks. Quirrel is best boi @DoctorMcDerp

I’m honestly surprised at how little this thread has been noticed, Hollow Knight is a great game and I know a lot of people on these forums who also enjoy it. Quick Slash + Unbreakable Strength + Sharp Shadow + Unbreakable Heart will always be my favorite setup, but Spell Twister + Shaman Stone + Grubsong + Soul Eater is a close second. As for bossfights, White Defender, Mantis Lords, and Grimm (Not NKG) are my favorites thanks to the sheer pace and variety of attacks. Quirrel is best boi @DoctorMcDerp
My personal favorite charm setup has to be Shamon Stone, unbreakable strength, spell twister, and Mark of pride because it gives you the best of both spells and nail, so can use them both without one being weaker than the other.
Sometimes I would make Mark of pride long nail and nailmaster's glory

(as you can probably tell from my avatar)I love this game!
I've completed just about everything except the path of pain, the 5th pantheon, and the hunter's journal. That includes steel soul mode, which i'm very proud of. My favorite charms are quick focus, gathering swarm, unbreakable heart, and carefree melody. Favorite boss is Nosk.

(as you can probably tell from my avatar)I love this game!
I've completed just about everything except the path of pain, the 5th pantheon, and the hunter's journal. That includes steel soul mode, which i'm very proud of. My favorite charms are quick focus, gathering swarm, unbreakable heart, and carefree melody. Favorite boss is Nosk.
The Spot kind of ruined Nosk for me... Gathering Swarm though, I feel like is only really necessary for when there's an item you really, really, want to buy. In normal practice, it's pointless and just kind of takes up a valuable spot.

Any1 here watch mossbag? (If u don’t know, it’s a great hk lore channel).

The hardest bosses for me was probably Hornet (both fights). First one I just had to figure out when she was gonna do which attack, second it was I kept running into spikes. I literally died more in the first encounte then trying to defeat The Radiance (Which I have done.)
Silksong may not come out until this month next year (Might come out June 2020 for future ppls)
but when you can pre download it on E-Shop I’m getting it ASAP.

Any1 here watch mossbag? (If u don’t know, it’s a great hk lore channel).

The hardest bosses for me was probably Hornet (both fights). First one I just had to figure out when she was gonna do which attack, second it was I kept running into spikes. I literally died more in the first encounte then trying to defeat The Radiance (Which I have done.)
Silksong may not come out until this month next year (Might come out June 2020 for future ppls)
but when you can pre download it on E-Shop I’m getting it ASAP.

I have seen mossbag, the analysis for the lore he does is interesting to watch.

Silksong quickly also became one of my most anticipated games overall. The wait is tough, but I'm used to long waits for games. I'm very happy that Silksong is going to be an entire new game rather than paid dlc.

I've made a little progress since my last post in the thread. Beaten a few of the pantheon's, collected all charms, and am attempting a speedrun playthrough.

It is mostly the Dreamworld bosses that remain a challenge to me along with a few other bosses in the pantheon. Will hopefully one day unlock the 4th pantheon.

Back
Top Bottom