Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I have something to add...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but i have something to make it better

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

CyanideApple

Terrarian
This is a concept for arrows that act like Chlorophyte bullets. (Yes, I know that there are already Chlorophyte arrows, but they don't home in). They home in on enemies, killing them. Here are the stats:

Homing Arrow
----------------------------
Type:
Ammunition
Damage: 10
Pc_only.png
Console_only.png
/ 15
Mobile_only.png
(Ranged)
Knockback:
4.5 (Average)
Velocity:
Tooltip: Chases after your enemy
Rarity:
Sell:
Copper_Coin.png

(Copied from the Terraria wiki, just because the arrows should be the same as the bullets, in case you're an arrow person.)

Here's how to craft it:

Crafting Station
Mythril Anvil /
Orichalcum Anvil
Ingredient Amounts:
Arrow 10
Chlorophyte Bar 1
Result:
Homing Arrow
10 (Sorry about bad spriting skills XD)

(Edited the other one into this one.)

Last edited:
one wire and one copper bar
Chlorophyte Bullets, which has the homing effect, is locked in hardmode, somewhere after Plantera (excuse me for not having played the game in a while). You made this thing which has the same effect available as soon as you go to the dungeon.

Then, you can get any arrow and craft it with the Homing Module to make it a Homing Arrow. E.G: Homing Module + Fire Arrow = Homing Fire Arrow.
Homing + Other effects = too powerful.

This is too overpowered.

Chlorophyte Bullets, which has the homing effect, is locked in hardmode, somewhere after Plantera (excuse me for not having played the game in a while). You made this thing which has the same effect available as soon as you go to the dungeon.

This is too overpowered.
Chlorophyte Bullets are post-Mech, which still is much later than post-Skeletron.

Chlorophyte Bullets are post-Mech, which still is much later than post-Skeletron.
Yeah but still makes all those weapons OP. I think the developers of terraria wanted to save homing for endgame weapons cause there is a bow that makes it's arrows homing. It is a cool idea but it would also in my opinion would take the fun out of be a ranger. If you could just shoot in the air and kill all of your enemies surrounding you is op especially if you throw rockets into the mix.

If you could just shoot in the air and kill all of your enemies surrounding you is op especially if you throw rockets into the mix.
But then you could just do the same with chlorophyte bullets, though. I do agree with you on the rockets, though, they would be too op.
[doublepost=1485189256,1485189138][/doublepost]

This is too overpowered.
Please see this new re-post which i think is a lot better than this: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/homing-arrows-repost.54191/

But then you could just do the same with chlorophyte bullets, though. I do agree with you on the rockets, though, they would be too op.
Yes but chlorophyte bullets are for after all mech bosses have been defeated which to me is pretty endgame compared to before them you only have a few more bosses.

I played as a ranged person and liked the way chlorophyte arrows worked before they were especially good against golem with frost armor cause they bounce around allowing me to make a cage and just shoot into it randomly when i tries that with homing bullets it did not work so good. I think this is a good idea even though i like the bouncing arrows cause I feel like to make bouncing arrows you should make it out of slime and arrows.

There's an edit button. You could've just edited the post.
Also, you could've made the previous version not take Copper and take Adamantite or something

There's an edit button. You could've just edited the post.
Also, you could've made the previous version not take Copper and take Adamantite or something
Yes, i could have, but i didn't want to because this is a completely different idea to the last one, and it's just better. And, like i said at the top, i didn't really want to edit or delete the last one.

Since the other thread got locked, how about you just move the ideas from the other thread to this one and have BOTH on here?

@CyanideApple, please don't create a new thread for the same suggestion. I realize that you altered the idea slightly, but that is what the edit button is for. I have locked the duplicate thread, and moved the replies over here, and you can continue your discussion here. Feel free to update your original post.

Since the other thread got locked, how about you just move the ideas from the other thread to this one and have BOTH on here?
I have done just that, but since i agree the other one was bad, i swapped it for the newer one.
[doublepost=1485275166,1485275102][/doublepost]Thank you for doing that, I do agree that I shouldn't have made a duplicate post. I have changed it now so it is basically the new concept.
@CyanideApple, please don't create a new thread for the same suggestion. I realize that you altered the idea slightly, but that is what the edit button is for. I have locked the duplicate thread, and moved the replies over here, and you can continue your discussion here. Feel free to update your original post.

Yeah but still makes all those weapons OP. I think the developers of terraria wanted to save homing for endgame weapons cause there is a bow that makes it's arrows homing. It is a cool idea but it would also in my opinion would take the fun out of be a ranger. If you could just shoot in the air and kill all of your enemies surrounding you is op especially if you throw rockets into the mix.
what bow makes arrows homing?

Back
Top Bottom