honestly feel bad for pipeworks...

ZeroJinKui

The Destroyer
before i get on with the topic, didn't know where else to put this, hopefully this forum works.

anyway, i occasionally check pipeworks' twitter and... gods, this community is REALLY showing its toxic side.

pipeworks can't make a single post about their own games or even just try to get some interaction from fans/followers with posts like asking everyone's favorite video game cat or some other such thing without everyone flooding the responses with "terraria 1.4"... and those are the DECENT responses.

i've seen people verbally abusing them, telling them to "stop wasting time on their games which will never be any good" and to "get to work on 1.4"... what the hell is wrong with people?

it genuinely makes me sick... i know it's a small fraction of this community... but it still disgusts me.

i truly hope pipeworks doesn't let it get to them... but either way, it sucks that they can't even have any interaction with people without being constantly bombarded with demands and abuse.

almost makes me want to finally make a twitter account just so i can give them some positive responses, because this is just infuriating.

felt like getting these thoughts out, hopefully the better parts of the community will come together and show them some appreciation.

seriously, this shameful display on their twitter needs to be countered.

before i get on with the topic, didn't know where else to put this, hopefully this forum works.

anyway, i occasionally check pipeworks' twitter and... gods, this community is REALLY showing its toxic side.

pipeworks can't make a single post about their own games or even just try to get some interaction from fans/followers with posts like asking everyone's favorite video game cat or some other such thing without everyone flooding the responses with "terraria 1.4"... and those are the DECENT responses.

i've seen people verbally abusing them, telling them to "stop wasting time on their games which will never be any good" and to "get to work on 1.4"... what the hell is wrong with people?

it genuinely makes me sick... i know it's a small fraction of this community... but it still disgusts me.

i truly hope pipeworks doesn't let it get to them... but either way, it sucks that they can't even have any interaction with people without being constantly bombarded with demands and abuse.

almost makes me want to finally make a twitter account just so i can give them some positive responses, because this is just infuriating.

felt like getting these thoughts out, hopefully the better parts of the community will come together and show them some appreciation.

Yes, I don’t know this at all, I hate it when people do that, some other people who don’t play terraria have games that they would like to play, and even some of the terraria players too, just wow, I just wanna wack everyone who does it till they stop(not like super hard just like a simple wack each time they do something that isn’t nice to them)
Yeah I get that they want terraria 1.4, so do I, but still, they are a business that works to help port out other games to console, like I just want to help them if I could.

I understand their frustration at the lack of news on 1.4, despite the fact that I don't play or understand Console. I myself was honestly surprised to find out that 1.4 was a Desktop-only update, further increasing the disparity between the several platforms of Terraria. And I was disappointed, I'll admit. But it's great to know that the devs are actually working on bringing the update to other platforms and evening it out. While there might not be any news on Console's front yet, this really can't be a reason for anyone to become so toxic.

I'll admit this too: When I first came to these forums looking for news, I was absolutely taken aback by the fact that Terraria has different development companies for each major platform. It confused me, and I thought initially that this meant Re-Logic, who I'd thought to be the developers of Terraria in its entirety, were being lazy or unfocused on the development of the other platforms. The truth is not at all as I expected. To this day I don't know how the structure of Terraria's development works, with so many groups in the fray, but even the apparent confusion or differences in the development team, and the game itself across platforms, is not a reason for users to become toxic or rude toward a certain group. It's certainly grounds to talk and share opinions. To hold constructive and civil discussions about how flaws could be improved. But no, it's not a reason to blatantly disrespect the work that the developers are trying to do.

I absolutely agree with your point, and while I haven't seen this happening as you've stated, I have seen things like it happening occasionally on the forums. And it makes me uncomfortable too. I've seen users who were disappointed/angry at the seemingly untrustworthy or overstated quality of the work that the devs of non-Desktop Terraria do... and it's mostly Pipeworks they're mad at.

I don't want to be rude to anyone, and I can respect certain aspects of their arguments, but what I - and we as a whole on these forums - cannot accept is the increasing level of rudeness and disrespect some users start to show in the face of these circumstances.

What if they work on doing it huh? Well they won't, They don't know how to and don't know how much time and effort it takes

i try to contain myself on these forums, cause i know they want to keep things civil... but i will say that the behavior i've seen makes me feel ANYTHING but civil.

can't even put it into words, cause nothing i can think of is good enough.

i'm just as desperate for 1.4, and the events going on in the world are making the wait even more painful and depressing.

despite that, i can acknowledge that pipeworks are doing their best.

they're terraria fans as well, afterall, it's not like they're leaving us hanging intentionally.

I think it's probably a by-product of how popular both Twitter and Terraria are - there's going to be a few blobs of toxicity floating around.

Back
Top Bottom