Honey fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audrina2k

Terrarian
I have a honey generator that I fish in above ground, however, now I'm reading that you CAN'T fish for honey fins above ground. I've been doing it for awhile, though. Now I'm confused. I started a new world, and wasn't able to catch honey in the hive biome, so, I made one above ground with no luck. I'd like a solid answer if I can or can't. Thank you!!!

I dunno, pretty sure I caught several honeyfins in my aboveground honey tank. Let me go and test it out. :dryadwink:

Yes, you can catch honeyfins with above ground honey pool.
upload_2015-2-20_3-35-32.png

I have a honey generator that I fish in above ground, however, now I'm reading that you CAN'T fish for honey fins above ground. I've been doing it for awhile, though. Now I'm confused. I started a new world, and wasn't able to catch honey in the hive biome, so, I made one above ground with no luck. I'd like a solid answer if I can or can't. Thank you!!!
Yeah, lol, me, too. I'm sitting in my new world with a sitting duck pole and 25 % bait. I wonder if THAT has something to do with it?! thank you so much for testing it, too!

*Coughs*
Just saying I made an edit on my post. Also, when replying to a post, remember that you should click the 'Reply' or '+Quote' at the bottom of the post, not at the top, because that's the previous post's line.

I dunno, pretty sure I caught several honeyfins in my aboveground honey tank. Let me go and test it out. :dryadwink:

Yes, you can catch honeyfins with above ground honey pool.
View attachment 31230
Thank you, Freenight. I'm guessing my pole is just a bit weak. I'll wait till I get more master bait, then try fishing potions.
[DOUBLEPOST=1424375141][/DOUBLEPOST]
*Coughs*
Just saying I made an edit on my post. Also, when replying to a post, remember that you should click the 'Reply' or '+Quote' at the bottom of the post, not at the top, because that's the previous post's line.
I'd site exhaustion but not an excuse. I can read after all. I'll do that next time and from now on. THANK you for confirming it. I do appreciate every thing!

Not a problem. You should note however, that bait power only affects the chance of the bait being consumed upon use. For better fishing chances, what you need is better fishing power, obtained from better fishing poles, one accessory, the fishing potion and the Angler Armor. The moon cycle and rain also affects your fishing prowess.

According to the wiki, bait power doesn't just affect your bait consumption chance, it goes into the fishing power calculation along with the pole, time of day, moon phase, fishing accessories / costume, and whether it's raining or not. My experience suggests that's accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom