Weapons & Equip Honey Runners - My idea for a lava waders upgrade.

Celestial Runners: Yay or nay?

• Yay!

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Nay!

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • This whole idea is bad!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Varsia

Empress of Light
Lava waders are a nice accessory, but they frequently get outclassed by the lightning boots due to their 'situationalness'. Therefore, I shall propose a solution aside from the "elemental boots" or whatever it is people kept suggesting at one point.

Firstly, a little change I'd like to propose: Y'know how honey slows you down a bunch because of how viscous it is? Well, maybe change it so sprinting with hermes boots (or better) allows you to run over the top of it, granting the buff while not slowing you to a gentle morning stroll in the park.

Honey waders
UygD7NN.png

Equipable
Provides the ability to walk on all liquids.
Grants immunity to fire blocks and 7 seconds of immunity to lava.
Releases bees when damaged.

Crafted with:
1x
Lava_Waders.png

1x
Honey_Comb.png

at a
Tinkerer%27s_Workshop.png

It'll finally make the Honey Comb have a use, as well as completing the set for liquids, and working in a similar fashion to adding the Lava Charm, adding its effect as well as a new liquid to stand on.

Honey runners
jymhfjV.png

Provides the ability to walk on all liquids and run super fast.
Releases bees when damaged.

Crafted with:
1x
UygD7NN.png

1x
Hermes_Boots.png

at a
Tinkerer%27s_Workshop.png

You see? It grants the running ability of the hermes boots, without the flight of rocket boots and the excessive speed of lightning boots. Also, when sprinting across liquids, rather than producing a light grey cloud, it would produce splashes of the liquid in the form of particle effects of that liquid's colour, regardless of dye. Now we can stand and run on all liquids without making the lightning boots obsolete.

And, just as a little bonus idea:

Celestial runners

Provides the ability to walk on all liquids and run ludicrously fast.
Releases bees when damaged and allows flight.

Crafted with:
1x
jymhfjV.png

1x
Frostspark_Boots.png

10x
Luminite_Bar.png

at an
Ancient_Manipulator.png

Just an end-game combination of the two, to appease those who want both. It would also outpace the lightning boots, allowing for running at 40mph and passively increasing movement by 10% rather than 8%. I feel it is worthy for an end-game super-combo.

That is all. All feedback and comments are appreciated.

Last edited:
I think the Celestial Ruıners should include Frostspark Boots instead of Lightning Boots, since it has a great crafting tree. And, the more important thing, what will the selling costs? Because these items are good to use/good to reforge items, so balancing the costs is a very important part.
Anyway, great idea, makes grinding more reasonable...

I've always chosen to wear both types of boots because the extra mobility makes building a lot easier, so it would be really nice to free up an inventory slot with this!
I think the Celestial Ruıners should include Frostspark Boots instead of Lightning Boots, since it has a great crafting tree. And, the more important thing, what will the selling costs? Because these items are good to use/good to reforge items, so balancing the costs is a very important part.
Definitely a good idea to use frostspark boots instead. The goal is to improve mobility, and frostspark boots offer the best mobility out of the speed boots family.

Alright, lightning boots have been changed to frostsparks.

Wow, this suggestion is beautiful. The way everything is balanced is cool. I also like the inclusion of honey slowness, that usually gets me. Anyways, I support!

You also get my Borf of Approval
ED97BC90-703C-444A-B9E0-482C25AFAEC2.gif

Reactions: Bry
Back
Top Bottom