Weapons & Equip Hook Launcher - A new use for your old Harpoons!

To be frank, the Harpoon gets pretty useless pretty quickly in Hardmode. It's a neat weapon, but it's not useful for very long. However, something that occurred to me is, it fires a projectile on a chain.

...what else can be put on a chain?

Ada Hook Launcher.png
Titanium Hook Launcher.png

Introducing the Hook Launcher! Please forgive the unimaginative name... and the recolor. This thing is a wonderful little thing you can do with your old Harpoon to make it even more useful- put in a Dual Hook, add some Adamantite or Titanium (about 20 should do), and you have a fancy new grappling hook. This one is unique, as it has increased range and velocity (29/31 and 22/20, respectively), but has some rather interesting functionality. It loses the ability to fire multiple hooks, but instead will pull you towards it very quickly, and then release, flinging you in that direction. You can't actually use it as a normal grappling hook, but you can use it to move around VERY quickly, with a little practice. The Hook Launcher can also grab onto and pull you towards enemies, assuming your cursor was over them at the point of firing. (Multi-segmented enemies are counted as a single entity for the purposes of the Hook Launcher.)

So yes. If you really wanted to, you COULD go all Attack on Titan on a boss. I wouldn't advise it in Expert Mode, but it'd certainly be an interesting option for melee characters.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

...that may be the best Titanium sprite I've ever made.

Last edited:
That's a nice idea! Now that we have the Anti-gravity hook, we need more unique ones. Sprites are also great, but they don't use the colour schemes of ingame adamantite and titanium.
I'd suggest giving the adamantite and titanium launchers different stats, for example, the titanium hook launcher has longer reach, but adamantite one has greater velocity.

That's a nice idea! Now that we have the Anti-gravity hook, we need more unique ones. Sprites are also great, but they don't use the colour schemes of ingame adamantite and titanium.
I'd suggest giving the adamantite and titanium launchers different stats, for example, the titanium hook launcher has longer reach, but adamantite one has greater velocity.
Uh, they do use the color schemes of adamantite and titanium. Adamantite is simple enough (bright red with white accents), and the titanium's colors were ripped straight from the bar sprite. Because it's the only way I know how to get the damn thing's color scheme to work. Iridescent materials are a nightmare.

That being said, making them different in that kind of way is actually probably a good idea. I generally dislike making alt ores blatantly better than the originals, but I do like making them equal but different.

Reactions: Azu
Uh, they do use the color schemes of adamantite and titanium. Adamantite is simple enough (bright red with white accents), and the titanium's colors were ripped straight from the bar sprite. Because it's the only way I know how to get the damn thing's color scheme to work. Iridescent materials are a nightmare.
Oh. Sorry then. I mean, adamantite is softer red, while your sprite is rich red.
Adamantite_Bar.png
index.php

while i defeinitly like the idea and give support think there should be 2 kinds of these hook launchers a launcher that launches a latching hook and this hook you suggested

Back
Top Bottom