Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No.

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Fury13

Terrarian
I think hoppers would be a great addition to 1.3.1!
So the basic idea is that they are placed at the start or end of a conveyor belt and can be connected to the first hopper as well.
They collect items inside(5 max)then they push them into a chest or other storage block.

Craft with 5 iron and it makes 4 hoppers.
It takes up 1 block and is a foreground object.
The sell price is 5 silver for 1 hopper.

Last edited:
Could you please expand on this idea? What is a hopper, what does it do, and how many block spaces would it take up? Is this Hopper a background object or a foreground object? How do you craft it, and what is its sell price?

Just saying that you want something added, but not actually expanding upon your idea makes it very hard to garner any support for an suggestion as bare-bones as this.

Hoppers in combination with the Conveyor Belts would be the Base for some great Machines! I Support this Seemingly Simple Idea!

but there are still some things Unclear. like:
-do the Hoppers stop accepting Items when they receive a Signal?
-how fast do they Transport Items?
-can they only Transport stuff down? (MC hoppers can output in any Direction except up)
-With Hoppers we got a way to pick up Items, now we need Droppers too!
and Most Importantly, when do we get Applied Energistics 2, Ender IO, Extra Utilities and Mekanism in Terraria? xD
(Half-Kidding about the last one)

Hoppers in combination with the Conveyor Belts would be the Base for some great Machines! I Support this Seemingly Simple Idea!

-can they only Transport stuff down? (MC hoppers can output in any Direction except up)
and Most Importantly, when do we get Applied Energistics 2, Ender IO, Extra Utilities and Mekanism in Terraria? xD
And thermal expansion, minechem, botania, galacticraft and buildcraft. That would actually be awesome.

Applied Energistics 2

For the love of all things good, can we please get a terraria equivalent to AE2? I'd pay someone to make it so I can access all my chests in one UI(with a search bar).

Anyways, I've always loved hoppers, support! They added a way to move items, but not pick them up.

Also, a way to filter the hoppers would also be pretty convenient.

i got no Basement.
this is an Apartment.

Ehh, that's what I was thinking, but I think I've now derailed the thread.
Anyways, to answer your questions,

Probably not, as there is no use for this mechanic in Terraria, unlike in MC..
Probably as fast as Mc's equivalent, 2.5 items per second.
I don't see any reason for Terraria to grandfather in this limitation.
Do we really need droppers?
I don't think that we will ever be getting those MC mods in Terraria, simply for the complication of moving them from a 3D medium to a 2D medium.

dude, the last one was kinda a Joke.
MC Mods would work fine in Terraria, not many mods Require 3 Directions.
Especially AE², Ender IO, Thermal Expansion, Mekanism, etc..

also, i think Droppers could be useful. maybe for Gambleing Machines, or Adventure Maps to make items "Appear" lying on the Ground or something.

dude, the last one was kinda a Joke.
MC Mods would work fine in Terraria, not many mods Require 3 Directions.
Especially AE², Ender IO, Thermal Expansion, Mekanism, etc..

also, i think Droppers could be useful. maybe for Gambleing Machines, or Adventure Maps to make items "Appear" lying on the Ground or something.

Arright, fair enough.

This is a brilliant idea, though we'll probably need a new name for it, otherwise the few people who still think Terraria is a Minecraft rip-off will feel good about themselves. In all seriousness, though, it'd be kind of nice to have filters as well (for grinding purposes). They'd filter based on item rarity, so that your item farms don't get clogged with mostly useless 100% drop rate items.

i think hoppers combined with conveyor belts would make depositing items so much more easy. they could be 2x2 background blocks that deposit into chests directly beside ore below them.

Well, I have started working on a factory mod. I know this is an old post, but watch out for Lite's Factory Mod in the Tmodloader browser! :)

Back
Top Bottom