Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Yes, But it's so incredibly rare it might as well not be there

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes, But the wiki is wrong about where it's found

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Crippledcarl1

Terrarian
So I was looking through the vanity items on the Wiki, and I came across the Horned God vanity Set which I had forgot existed. And it said that it could be bought exclusively on the console version of Terraria from the traveling merchant. So I go to the Traveling Merchants wiki page and it doesn't state that it's buyable at all. and I'm wondering if this is just missed information or if it's just not buyable anymore (or if the wiki is wrong;(). I really like the set and think it would go well with a mage / summoner. Which is what I'm playing on my current playthrough. Any input is highly appreciated.

P.S. this world was made as of the PS4 1.7 update 1.3.4 PC equivalent

The horned god set is exclusively old generation console content, meaning there is no way it can be obtained in current versions of Terraria, since it was removed alongside Ocram and all other console exclusive content.

The horned god set is exclusively old generation console content, meaning there is no way it can be obtained in current versions of Terraria, since it was removed alongside Ocram and all other console exclusive content.
Someone needs to remove that it can be gotten on console version from the wiki then

I have seen the travelling merchant sell the console exlusive armors (now vanity) from time to time, but never the horned god set. I have checked in with him enough times now that I'm pretty sure he doesn't sell it even though the console changelog states that he does.

It still possible to have it if you got it before 1.3, as it's still in the game (I have a couple of sets). It's just not obtainable any more for new players except through trading. Just like the Ocram mask and trophy.

I have seen the travelling merchant sell the console exlusive armors (now vanity) from time to time, but never the horned god set. I have checked in with him enough times now that I'm pretty sure he doesn't sell it even though the console changelog states that he does.

It still possible to have it if you got it before 1.3, as it's still in the game (I have a couple of sets). It's just not obtainable any more for new players except through trading. Just like the Ocram mask and trophy.
Do you have a few sets you're willing to part with? because if you have some I'll just dupe a couple and give them back to you as a thank you since they're basically unattainable now

I have 2 sets sitting in a chest that I could part with (the other 2 is on display). Had I known it would be so hard to get them, I would have kept more; I had tons of them from my fights.
Unfortunately I'm on Xbox while you are on PS4 so we can't help each other. But maybe someone in the trading section can help you.

I have 2 sets sitting in a chest that I could part with (the other 2 is on display). Had I known it would be so hard to get them, I would have kept more; I had tons of them from my fights.
Unfortunately I'm on Xbox while you are on PS4 so we can't help each other. But maybe someone in the trading section can help you.

I lost my horned god set just now from a game crash. Could you part with a set?

I lost my horned god set just now from a game crash. Could you part with a set?
Sorry, but no. I lost a set trying to give it to someone else while keeping it by not saving after the transaction. Unfortunately that no longer works due to changes in a recent update how and when the game saves (the game saves even when AutoSave is turned off, but not both character and world data. Only one of them which messes things up).

I can no longer give any sets. :(

...it's not, though.

all of that stuff was kept in as legacy items, even the old console armors are kept in as cosmetic items.

i know this cause i still have my sets i collected, they're just vanity-only.

pretty sure you can buy all of them from the traveling merchant, it's just really rare.

Last edited:
To clear up any confusion, when the current gen console received the 1.3 update, the console exclusive armors became vanity sets and should now be sold by the traveling merchant. The console exclusive vanities were removed, except for the horned god set, which should now be sold by the traveling merchant. Whether the traveling merchant does sell it I’m not sure, but currently he should be selling it in X1, PS4, and Switch.

Check out the “Console Exclusive Changes” spoiler in the Console - That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted thread.

Back
Top Bottom