Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I have recently had a host of problems. This is problem #1. Enemies opening doors when it is not a Blood Moon. This includes mummies, zombies, and possessed armour.

You can prevent this issue by placing a sign, table, or chair behind the door. It will prevent enemies from opening the door in that direction, but for YOU it will automatically open in the opposite direction.

Last edited:
This is normal game behavior and is intentional.
Opening doors when it is NOT Blood Moon? I have never had that happen before.

You can prevent this issue by placing a sign, table, or chair behind the door. It will prevent enemies from opening the door in that direction, but for YOU it will automatically open in the opposite direction.
Thank you. I have done that before, but if it is not Blood Moon then zombies should not be able to open doors, right? So there should be no need.

Many enemies can open doors without there being requirements like a blood moon. One example being the possessed Armour. If you're worried that it may ruin the look of the house, just put an echo platform or use echo coating on a normal plat.

Many enemies can open doors without there being requirements like a blood moon. One example being the possessed Armour. If you're worried that it may ruin the look of the house, just put an echo platform or use echo coating on a normal plat.
The look isn't the problem. Zombie opening a door when it was not a Blood Moon seemed very odd. I was not aware that Possessed armor could normally, so that is good to know, thank you.

The opening of doors is a regular part of the fighter ai, which most basic walking enemies follow, so this is completely normal behavior. If you block the door from being opened from the outside like Fetus described, you will observe zombies and other enemies walking into the door repeatedly while making a sound, this is them attempting to open the door.
From the wiki:
Friendly NPCs will open and close doors during the day as they wander about.

Enemies that follow the Fighter AI can open doors, with a few exceptions. Additionally, Goblin Peons can remove doors entirely on contact, while Angry Bones and Butchers can open them with one hit.

A door lock idea for you…there are numerous variations. You can make doors for players only, npc s only, or mobs only.

Go to 4:30 minutes…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom