OOC Host

appleNsauce

Empress of Light
Two years ago, an all out world war ocurred, and fighting reached ever part of the world and it didn’t end until all of humanity was destroyed. Oh, and I mean all of it. No secret underground refugees, or whatever. Nope, they’re gone. Only thing left is the wildlife.

Good thing you’re not human! You see, the upside of human extinction was that it gave rise to a new species. A new type of parasite has grown, which takes over the body of any dead creature and makes it it’s host. If you were clever enough, you may have caught on that you are one of these parasites. And the best part about it all is that if your host is dismembered, or blown to kingdom come, you can just pull yourself back together again through the power of necromancy. Just, be careful to take good care of your host, as that’s all you’re gonna get.

It’s not all great though, as the post apocalypse world gave way to many mutated plants and animals, which will try to kill and/or eat you.

Forum rules still apply here obviously
No Mary Sues
If you die, you die and that’s it. You ain’t coming back. (Of course you can always create a new character if you’d like)
There’s technically no character limit, but only make as much as you can handle.
No crossover characters
You must be a parasite, as otherwise, what’s the point of the roleplay?
You can be silly at times, but don’t go too overboard. That also applies for the other side of the spectrum. Don’t take this too seriously, as it’s just a roleplay.
Be nice. Your characters can hold grudges, and dislike certain characters, but be respectful when out of character
Have fun! No, seriously, have fun, you deserve it.
Not all the parasites are created equal, and can host multiple abilities, such as producing gasses, making things combust, or freezing things (obviously these aren’t the only abilities, but it should give you a good idea) But what they all have in common is necromancy, being able to reconnect any part of a body and make it fully functional again.
Try not to get separated from your host, as if you do, you will die.
Identification:

Species of host:

Age of host:

Gender of host:

Appearance of host:

Abilities:

Abilities of host:

Flaws of Host:

Extras:

IC

Last edited:
Yep, this is a very interesting concept, I’ll join.
Identification: Athena

Species of host: Housecat

Age of host: 2

Gender of host: Female

Appearance of host: a small tortoiseshell cat with amber eyes.

Abilities: They can set things on fire.

Abilities of host: Anything a cat can do. Very well camouflaged in forest environments.

Flaws of Host: Small, and therefore can’t see well in tall grass and the like. They’re almost exclusively a carnivore.

Extras: Says ‘um’ and ‘uh’ a lot.

Text color

I love interesting concepts like these, I'll definitely be joining. Man, everyone's been drinking coffee these days!

Well I like the concept but I don't think I myself will be joining, partly because I can't think of a character for this.

Eh, might as well.
Identification: Leviathan

Species of host: Walking Fish

Age of host: 5~6 years

Appearance of host: A goldfish, but walking

Abilities: Breathe air and water, and I guess evolves quicker against competing bacteria or other infections? I'm not make this parasite be something explosive or anything like that. I'd rather make sure I don't get gassed out or cured.

Abilities of host: They can breathe air and water.

Flaws of Host: They're a fish. They are squishy compared to other creatures.

Extras:

Eh, might as well.
Identification: Leviathan

Species of host: Walking Fish

Age of host: 5~6 years

Appearance of host: A goldfish, but walking

Abilities: Breathe air and water, and I guess evolves quicker against competing bacteria or other infections? I'm not make this parasite be something explosive or anything like that. I'd rather make sure I don't get gassed out or cured.

Abilities of host: They can breathe air and water.

Flaws of Host: They're a fish. They are squishy compared to other creatures.

Extras:
Welcome fish b- girl

Identification: Hindenburg

Species of host: Kitsune

Age of host: 25

Gender of host: M

Appearance of host: Grey fur color on tail and ears, red eyes. Has several scars around the arms due to dismemberment

Abilities: Can fire blasts of superheated flame

Abilities of host: Can move quickly, has resistance to ice

Flaws of Host: Strangely enough, fire vulnerability

Extras: Host died of dismemberment and subsequent blood loss after a fatal car crash

Identification: Rye

Species of host: Goat

Age of host: 13

Gender of host: Male

Appearance of host: Alpine goat, brown fur.

Abilities: Adapts to it's host well, can cause changes to the body of its host.

Abilities of host: Can charge at enemies, is mobile and agile.

Flaws of Host: Host is old aged and can easily retrieve many sicknesses.

Extra: The parasite 'rye' chooses goats as it is highly attracted to grass, although can't digest it without a herbivore body. It also chose goats to deal more damage, whether it was for offense or defense is unknown.

Parasite info: 'Rye' is the name of a species branched from the new type of parasite. They are usually herbivorous and feed on flowers, wheat, rye, and grass. Due to this, most 'Rye' parasites prefer having a farm animal as a host, especially a herbivore. The lifespan of a 'Rye' lasts for 2 months. It is asexual and has no gender, and will not change gender depending on its host. They give birth to 3 larvae every 2 to 3 weeks.

Just pointing out that it seems like only Gan has directly referenced that the description for this RP implies the hosts for the parasites are dead.

Agent Sandstorm Σ said:
I guess I can claim the right of having the first human host.
uh
Wisp95 said:
until all of humanity was destroyed. Oh, and I mean all of it.
well i mean that's kinda against the point of what the rp description is but ok, check with wisp

I don’t know how Athena’s host died, most likely not because of the world war, because her/it’s host is a cat. Probably because of a dog of some sort.

Mine is sorta humanoid, but aside from the extra speed and ice resistance, probably still has the mind of a child or something

Back
Top Bottom