PC Hosting a game over steam, found server error.

So my friends and I have been playing on a world for the past month and a half and recently while I try to host the server it gives me "Found Server" and never opens the server,

https://gyazo.com/ba8c75a7ccd51d628011244f7ae1b2f3

I have no idea why this would happen, nothing changed...
I have been facing similar problems occasionally but even moreso since 1.3.1; your best bet is to set your Steam multiplayer preferences to "Invite Only" and that should work. :)

I have been facing similar problems occasionally but even moreso since 1.3.1; your best bet is to set your Steam multiplayer preferences to "Invite Only" and that should work. :)

Steam multiplayer is set to Invite Only... and I've never had this problem before, even without Invite Only on.

Try hosting the server on another port, it appears your port is being used. Try 7779 and up. 7777, seems to be used by a few programs lately.
Uh, this may sound dumb, but I don't really understand this, because I'm just hosting a world, not really setting up anything and I just invite my friends through steam...

Uh, this may sound dumb, but I don't really understand this, because I'm just hosting a world, not really setting up anything and I just invite my friends through steam...

When you host a server, you are prompted to use a port as well. Just use something other than the default to be sure you are not using the same port.

Back
Top Bottom