Hot take: Plantera is the easiest hardmode boss

Penguins408

Official Terrarian
I was able to beat her with:
  • expert mode on
  • no buffs (besides campfire which I didn't need)
  • armor supporting the wrong class I was using
  • pre 3rd mech boss gear
  • very small arena
And I never went under 200 hp

DD1EAB2F-50E7-469C-B93C-91E904DFFD32.png

i rest my case.

Nah it’s skeleton prime in my first play through I beat him 2nd try with out hardmode armour, plantera took ages.

ARE YOU CRAZY?! xD Plantera is the HARDEST HM boss for me just solely for Phase 2. Way harder than Duke (I know him well nowdays)! Whenever I get past Plantera, the rest of the run is chill (until the Solar Pillar and maybe a bit the Nebula Pillar. Moon Lord can still kill me on occasions though).

Plantera is easy, just move in a circle around him, and enraged is no problem if you have an arena bigger than two tiles, even on mastermode

Playing as summoner or mage, you die in one hit anyway so the difficulties just buff you by giving extra accessory slots

Plantera is only really difficult to me if I don't have a large enough area to manoeuvre around in; every time I die to her it's because I didn't clear enough space.

It's probably the most annoying boss to make an arena for for but also the most necessary. I think at least Golem is easier since I never have any trouble with him even when there's not much space in the little temple room - and that requires no preperation. But I would say prep is the only thing that makes Plantera harder than Golem.

Plantera is easy in Expert if you have sufficient space and AoE, and while that can make Plantera easier then Golem, I think Golem being unconditionally easy makes him the 'easiest', since the only prep required is a single layer of platforms.

fascinating that some people find Plantera easy. For me given that Plantera almost always requires arena preparation I don't really see a valid case for her to be the easiest boss especially given that golem exists. The Destroyer and Sketetron Prime have always been significantly easier than Plantera as without an appropriate arena the narrow corridors of the Jungle when you try and lead her to your arena makes for some nasty high risk encounters which have a fairly high chance of making a dead Terrarian so long as you are on Expert where she can fire seeds through walls. The Underground Jungle in hardmode more than accounts for any ease in facing her in a sufficiently open arena. Also the Plantera rage mode does punish players who make too large of an arena so there is a fair amount of nuance needed there.

Also the Plantera rage mode does punish players who make too large of an arena so there is a fair amount of nuance needed there.
There's an easy way around this: Rows of jungle grass covered mud blocks actuated in the background. If you have good coverage of those, she won't enrage even in a large arena.

Back
Top Bottom