**REPORTED** Hotbar always reverts to the first item.

Discussion in 'PC Bug Reports' started by timeslidr, Nov 3, 2016.

1. timeslidr

timeslidr Terrarian

If this is a known problem, I apologize. I tried looking for it but I couldn't find anything similar.
    Introduction
    I bought the game a few days ago. It worked fine until I alt-tabbed out. Now, when I try to use an item from my hotbar, it jumps immediately to the first item. It does it now without alt-tabbing out. I think it might be a problem just in this world but I haven't make a new world to check.
    What happens
    Whenever I press 2-9 and try to, for example, swing a weapon, it'll switch to the first item and use it (swing if it's a weapon, consume it if it's consumable, etc.). Oddly, if I press and hold any key 2-9 and click, it'll work fine. For example, if I have a weapon in slot 6 and I press and hold 6 on the keyboard and click, it'll swing the weapon. Also strange is that if I click and hold on any slot except the first one, it makes a very fast but faint ticking sound.
    Conclusion
    I'd love to resolve this issue because the only way I can play now is to keep the inventory menu open. It's more time consuming to switch weapons and that's very frustrating when I'm trying to mine and fight out zombies. :p

2. Leinfors

Leinfors Quality Assurance Staff Member Moderator Re-Logic

Hmm, I'm not sure what caused this, and I haven't heard of it before. It sounds like your keyboard might be automatically hitting the 1 key, gently enough to trigger this, but I'm not sure.

What you can try doing is resetting your keybindings. To do so, go into Documents>My Games>Terraria, and look for the file called input profiles.json. If you delete this file, it will return your key settings in Terraria to the default (and in the process, make a fresh input profiles.json file). See if that helps the issue at all, and let me know!

3. timeslidr

timeslidr Terrarian

I just tried resetting my keybindings and THAT WORKED! Omg, I'm so happy. Thank you! I think I set the first item slot to bind to D1. I don't know what D1 is but now it's bound to 1 and it works and I'm happy.

4. Leinfors

Leinfors Quality Assurance Staff Member Moderator Re-Logic

Fantastic to hear :)