• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

**REPORTED** Hotbar always reverts to the first item.

timeslidr

Terrarian
If this is a known problem, I apologize. I tried looking for it but I couldn't find anything similar.
Introduction
I bought the game a few days ago. It worked fine until I alt-tabbed out. Now, when I try to use an item from my hotbar, it jumps immediately to the first item. It does it now without alt-tabbing out. I think it might be a problem just in this world but I haven't make a new world to check.
What happens
Whenever I press 2-9 and try to, for example, swing a weapon, it'll switch to the first item and use it (swing if it's a weapon, consume it if it's consumable, etc.). Oddly, if I press and hold any key 2-9 and click, it'll work fine. For example, if I have a weapon in slot 6 and I press and hold 6 on the keyboard and click, it'll swing the weapon. Also strange is that if I click and hold on any slot except the first one, it makes a very fast but faint ticking sound.
Conclusion
I'd love to resolve this issue because the only way I can play now is to keep the inventory menu open. It's more time consuming to switch weapons and that's very frustrating when I'm trying to mine and fight out zombies. :p

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Re-Logic
Hmm, I'm not sure what caused this, and I haven't heard of it before. It sounds like your keyboard might be automatically hitting the 1 key, gently enough to trigger this, but I'm not sure.

What you can try doing is resetting your keybindings. To do so, go into Documents>My Games>Terraria, and look for the file called input profiles.json. If you delete this file, it will return your key settings in Terraria to the default (and in the process, make a fresh input profiles.json file). See if that helps the issue at all, and let me know!

timeslidr

Terrarian
Hmm, I'm not sure what caused this, and I haven't heard of it before. It sounds like your keyboard might be automatically hitting the 1 key, gently enough to trigger this, but I'm not sure.

What you can try doing is resetting your keybindings. To do so, go into Documents>My Games>Terraria, and look for the file called input profiles.json. If you delete this file, it will return your key settings in Terraria to the default (and in the process, make a fresh input profiles.json file). See if that helps the issue at all, and let me know!
I just tried resetting my keybindings and THAT WORKED! Omg, I'm so happy. Thank you! I think I set the first item slot to bind to D1. I don't know what D1 is but now it's bound to 1 and it works and I'm happy.

Top Bottom