Hotbar Glitch: Resets to Specific item after alt-tab - Terraria v. 1.3.5.3 Win 10

Discussion in 'PC Bug Reports' started by guthron, May 17, 2018.

1. guthron

guthron Terrarian

Hotbar breaks when alt-tab function used in Windows. Hotbar automatically changes to specific item used prior to alt-tab. Only fix is to turn the game off and delete input profiles, then NEVER alt-tab during a game. Searched for previous mentions of this bug and found nothing. This bug makes the game frustrating and unplayable. Please fix.

2. Kazzymodus

Kazzymodus Lunatic Cultist

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. Are you saying that when you alt-tab, your equipped item changes and you can't change it back?

3. guthron

guthron Terrarian

No when I alt-tab and go back the hotbar just changes to the last hotbar slot selected. Most often the 0 hotbar slot.

4. guthron

guthron Terrarian

Bump as this issue still exists

5. guthron

guthron Terrarian

Bump. Game is still broken.

6. Aurora3500

Aurora3500 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

We do not permit bumping Threads on these Forums. Please do not bump Threads. If someone knows how to fix the issue you are experiencing, they will reply. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your game.

For your issue, I don't have a solution to the problem you're experiencing unfortunately. For the time being I would avoid alt-tabbing your game if it is causing your in-game hotbar to have issues.

7. guthron

guthron Terrarian

Okay then, not a bump. An addition. Now the game glitch occurs anytime I click outside of the game. I've reinstalled the latest version and am running the latest version of Win 10. Reinstalling did at least regain me access to the steam overlay (wasn't sure why that wasn't loading anymore but that fixed that) and, for a time, switching to the overlay so I could go outside Terraria to look up recipes or other helpful guides while playing or do other things fixed the issue. But not anymore. Now, anytime I click out of Terraria the interface breaks. The hotbar remains locked one whatever number I last used. Additionally, the scroll function breaks (think the wheel button on the mouse). When I try to Save and Exit, the game hits the main menu, then won't let me hit exit. When I click Exit, it goes directly to the select character screen for Single Player.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 29, 2018, Original Post Date: May 29, 2018 ---
    If you mean the item selected to use on the hotbar, then maybe you mean the same thing. I'm not sure.

8. guthron

guthron Terrarian

Nevermind. Totally did not fix it. The issue is Terraria now does not want to operate if I try to have anything else going on.

UPDATE: I may have fixed it. I remapped Left shift auto select to right shift. So far, this seems to avoid the glitch.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  9. guthron

guthron Terrarian

UPDATE: remapping did not fix it. However, I have made a connection. Whenever the keyboard is used in Chrome while Terraria is active, the key mappings all mess up.