Portfolio/Multi-Topic House effects and weapon dyes

ThunderBear06

Skeletron
Greetings everyone I'm going to get to the piont, my suggestions are:

House effects. (I don't know what to call it) this feature would change house macanics to make it so when you're outside of your house you can't see into it, (it's walled off) but when you go inside the outside gets really dark to highlight the inside of the house and you can see in.
Q.how do I put walls on the front of my house
A. While your holding a wall and your in your house you can toggle between the front and back walls.
Q.how would the game know what's inside and what's out side?
A.valid housing except it doesn't look for a chair and table, just check for: back walls, lights and door(s)

Weapon dyes,
Q.how do I dye my weapon?
A.Well when you go to the dye trader you can select DYE WEAPON.
Q.how does it work?
A. There are two slots, one for your weapon of choice and one for your dye of choice.
Q.how much would it cost?
A.Depends on the dye.
Primary colors wouldn't cost as much as (for example) reflective dye, the more advanced the dye the more the cost.
Thank you for reading my suggestions, I really hope it makes it into the Journey's End update. Have a wonderful day

-Thunderbear06

I liked your idea of dyes in the weapons and I'd like to dye all type of weapons.
But the idea of house effects I didn't like because anything that a player needs to see inside or outside a building he'll not be able to see and, consequently, will have more surprises in relation to the encounters with monsters.
I don't know if you understand me.

I liked your idea of dyes in the weapons and I'd like to dye all type of weapons.
But the idea of house effects I didn't like because anything that a player needs to see inside or outside a building he'll not be able to see and, consequently, will have more surprises in relation to the encounters with monsters.
I don't know if you understand me.
Thank you.
I get what your saying but only NPC houses can have them unlike caves or natural structures. And for places like dongeons or any other structure it won't count because there walls don't count as housing walls so it doesn't as NPC housing
Edit
Forget what I said about Dungeons they will have a 5th wall but when you enter a building the 5th wall disappears same with the jungle temple and under world towers

Last edited:
TerrarianGamer makes a good point about the interior/exterior harming player visibility, but I'd also like to point out a technical issue. Creating interior/exterior walls for a house is asking the game to remember two different walls for one block in memory, as well as two different paint jobs. I'm almost certain that presently it cannot do this.

There's already a way to achieve the effect you're looking for in-game. You build the exterior of your house with whatever walls you like and place a teleporter where the door should be, then wire that teleporter to another teleporter either underground or in the sky and build a copy of the house's shape with dimensions relative to that second teleporter (so it appears to be the same building at the same spot.) Once you're done building your interior, surround the 'exterior' of that interior by walls and blocks so that no light can pass through and it appears to be an isolated space from the inside. You can even pressure-plate the teleporter so that anyone walking over it is immediately transported to the interior/exterior of the house.

That is something I ever wanted, colored weapons and "interiors". Just one thing diferent, I just want the house to be covered when you are out, but not the exterior when you are in home.
For the dyed weapons I didnt though about how to dye them, and see your solution a good one.
Hugz!:passionate:

I love the house suggestion, but as some players said it can be bad at times. Maybe it could be a video setting?

Maybe it should just mimic the walls placed behind and not the blocks, like a cream cookie... Silly example I know, but you get the idea.

Back
Top Bottom