Housing Bug, A.K.A. Maximum efficiency housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakly

Terrarian
So while building a house, I managed to find this bug
2014-10-15_00002.jpg
2014-10-18_00001.jpg
I have no idea how I did this, there isn't even 4 rooms.

Edit: After more experimentation I've decided no new NPCs will move in (I have met the criteria for the Demo and Dye Trader). They also keep trying to move into the room in the bottom left.
2014-10-18_00002.jpg
However, If you do have all the NPCs, (and figure out how to reproduce the glitch) you can put them all into the same room.
2014-10-18_00005.jpg

Last edited:
That is incredibly weird and amazing. I think it might have something to do with the slopes but, I'm not sure.

I have a similar bug, but the setup is completely different.
essentially I set a stairwell up as a house, the game said it was valid, however the npc that uses the stairwell uses the room above the stairwell as its house. even though there is already an NPC using that room. I have no idea if I am able to stack all the NPCS in this one room. I guess I'll try.

I remember this bug. It's been around since 1.0.6 if I remember correctly. It's only happened to me a few times, but it was always two NPCs strangely moving in together. Like one day they were separate, and the next they were roomies...

What the heck is that? Damn, if I could figure out how to do that, I wouldn't have to waste my time making 20 houses at the beginning...
Also, wouldn't this go to a different section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom