• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

**REPORTED** Hovering over status/potion effect resets your click

Shade_Guye

Official Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 8/8.1
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
First off, this may not exactly be a bug, but rather a very annoying nitpick especially on small monitors (like mine, and probably many laptops).

As you likely already know, when you're holding Left Click / Mouse 1 (from here just M1) and hover over your effects, well, nothing happens- but when you're shooting, holding a yoyo, or trying to do a specific action like targetting something off- screen, you're bound to touch it and have whatever you're doing reset. With a gun, it's not that big of a deal, but it does take a millisecond to notice that you need to click again so you can continue melting with the Megashark; but with a Yoyo, it takes a millisecond and then the animation of the Yoyo retracting to the player and then having to go back to the cursor after re-clicking. This is less of an issue when you get better Yoyos and accessories, but it is still quite the nag.

Would suck to have to get a mod just to get this fixed, once Tmodloader gets updated, would be nice to have this qol thing fixed.

Greybrynn

The Destroyer
First off, this may not exactly be a bug, but rather a very annoying nitpick especially on small monitors (like mine, and probably many laptops).

As you likely already know, when you're holding Left Click / Mouse 1 (from here just M1) and hover over your effects, well, nothing happens- but when you're shooting, holding a yoyo, or trying to do a specific action like targetting something off- screen, you're bound to touch it and have whatever you're doing reset. With a gun, it's not that big of a deal, but it does take a millisecond to notice that you need to click again so you can continue melting with the Megashark; but with a Yoyo, it takes a millisecond and then the animation of the Yoyo retracting to the player and then having to go back to the cursor after re-clicking. This is less of an issue when you get better Yoyos and accessories, but it is still quite the nag.

Would suck to have to get a mod just to get this fixed, once Tmodloader gets updated, would be nice to have this qol thing fixed.
I think this has been reported before, but yeah I can say yes to this as the last one too, because it happened to me.

Sigma90

Brain of Cthulhu
This is indeed a known issue that has existed for a while. Some work has been done on it, but there are still some gaps/issues, such as the buff icons.

Shade_Guye

Official Terrarian
I wanna ask, what exactly does "**reported**" mean? As in reported to the devs, or something negative relative to the forums?

Sigma90

Brain of Cthulhu
I wanna ask, what exactly does "**reported**" mean? As in reported to the devs, or something negative relative to the forums?
It means reported to the devs. The bug is known and tracked to be fixed in a future version. "Working as Designed" means the issue was found not to be a bug and "Resolved" means the issue was fixed. The prefixes are used to keep track of known issues so that we don't spend time checking a post that has already been reported as a bug / resolved.

Reporting to the mods is invisible; there is no indicator if a post was reported. If a mod makes an official warning, the post that attracted the warning will have an indicator at the start of the post. (I don't have any examples on-hand to show you.)

Shade_Guye

Official Terrarian
Yeah, it would be a bit weird to see a member report publicly like this, so I thought it was the reported to devs side of this. The red background was a bit odd at first, but it just indicates that "yea, this is not right, so we let the devs know".

Thanks for the clarification :>

Sigma90

Brain of Cthulhu
Yeah, it would be a bit weird to see a member report publicly like this, so I thought it was the reported to devs side of this.
I can (and do) report bugs to the devs and mark threads as reported. I'm not a developer, but if it's marked as reported by me, I can assure you it was reported. :)

Top Bottom