Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 8/8.1
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
First off, this may not exactly be a bug, but rather a very annoying nitpick especially on small monitors (like mine, and probably many laptops).

As you likely already know, when you're holding Left Click / Mouse 1 (from here just M1) and hover over your effects, well, nothing happens- but when you're shooting, holding a yoyo, or trying to do a specific action like targetting something off- screen, you're bound to touch it and have whatever you're doing reset. With a gun, it's not that big of a deal, but it does take a millisecond to notice that you need to click again so you can continue melting with the Megashark; but with a Yoyo, it takes a millisecond and then the animation of the Yoyo retracting to the player and then having to go back to the cursor after re-clicking. This is less of an issue when you get better Yoyos and accessories, but it is still quite the nag.

Would suck to have to get a mod just to get this fixed, once Tmodloader gets updated, would be nice to have this qol thing fixed.

First off, this may not exactly be a bug, but rather a very annoying nitpick especially on small monitors (like mine, and probably many laptops).

As you likely already know, when you're holding Left Click / Mouse 1 (from here just M1) and hover over your effects, well, nothing happens- but when you're shooting, holding a yoyo, or trying to do a specific action like targetting something off- screen, you're bound to touch it and have whatever you're doing reset. With a gun, it's not that big of a deal, but it does take a millisecond to notice that you need to click again so you can continue melting with the Megashark; but with a Yoyo, it takes a millisecond and then the animation of the Yoyo retracting to the player and then having to go back to the cursor after re-clicking. This is less of an issue when you get better Yoyos and accessories, but it is still quite the nag.

Would suck to have to get a mod just to get this fixed, once Tmodloader gets updated, would be nice to have this qol thing fixed.
I think this has been reported before, but yeah I can say yes to this as the last one too, because it happened to me.

This is indeed a known issue that has existed for a while. Some work has been done on it, but there are still some gaps/issues, such as the buff icons.

I wanna ask, what exactly does "**reported**" mean? As in reported to the devs, or something negative relative to the forums?

I wanna ask, what exactly does "**reported**" mean? As in reported to the devs, or something negative relative to the forums?
It means reported to the devs. The bug is known and tracked to be fixed in a future version. "Working as Designed" means the issue was found not to be a bug and "Resolved" means the issue was fixed. The prefixes are used to keep track of known issues so that we don't spend time checking a post that has already been reported as a bug / resolved.

Reporting to the mods is invisible; there is no indicator if a post was reported. If a mod makes an official warning, the post that attracted the warning will have an indicator at the start of the post. (I don't have any examples on-hand to show you.)

Yeah, it would be a bit weird to see a member report publicly like this, so I thought it was the reported to devs side of this. The red background was a bit odd at first, but it just indicates that "yea, this is not right, so we let the devs know".

Thanks for the clarification :>

Yeah, it would be a bit weird to see a member report publicly like this, so I thought it was the reported to devs side of this.
I can (and do) report bugs to the devs and mark threads as reported. I'm not a developer, but if it's marked as reported by me, I can assure you it was reported. :)

Back
Top Bottom