Weapons & Equip Hoverpack, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SzGamer227

Spazmatism

Just throwing the idea out there. Now that we have Fishron Wings, which are the ultimate plain wing type, why not add a Jetpack + Hoverboard combo accessory? The possibility is there, so why not?

Thanks go to Sir Cutswood for the sprite!

hoverpack-png.114650

Hoverpack
Combination of Jetpack and Hoverboard at a Tinkerer's Workshop.
160% Flight time.
115% Flight Speed.
* Allows both upwards thrust and horizontal boost, but not at the same time.

Reference:

Jetpack.png

Jetpack
Post-Mech tier.
115% Flight time.
108% Flight speed.
* Allows upwards thrust.

Hoverboard.png

Hoverboard
Post-Plantera tier.
170% Flight time.
104% Flight Speed.
* Allows horizontal boost.

Fishron_Wings.png

Fishron Wings
Fishron tier.
180% Flight time.
133% Flight speed.

On another note, I agree with Crimsollite's suggestion to allow more control of gliding with wings.
If both of these get added, I will be completely satisfied with Terraria flight accessories.

Anyways, feedback is appreciated. Leave comments if you have concerns freely. I'll be listening. ;)

Last edited:
This sounds pretty cool, but my only concern would be that the potentially expensive cost wouldn't be worth the payoff. What about something upwards of 200% speed increase but a lowered turning time? We need to keep balance of course!

This sounds pretty cool, but my only concern would be that the potentially expensive cost wouldn't be worth the payoff. What about something upwards of 200% speed increase but a lowered turning time? We need to keep balance of course!
That's what the Hoverboard's "horizontal boost" is about. If you've ever used it, you'll know that it's pretty darn fast.

Simple and yet very necessary. A combination like this would work well side by side a bottle accessorry. Nicely formatred suggestion, neat idea.

Sounds decent. Although, I could see in the future people complaining about how one should be able to combine more wings if this would be implemented.

Although, I could see in the future people complaining about how one should be able to combine more wings if this would be implemented.
These are the two special "Wings" that aren't even actually Wings. They are Tinkered together so that their special thrust and boost abilities can be combined and used in one item. I don't see how any other pair of wings can be throw together in any way that makes sense (except for maybe Flame Wings + Frost Wings = Frostburn Wings, but that's just another pair of Wings).

Let's try this again shall we? I like this idea, but it might not go well with everyone.

This does have potential to be great! Maybe you need to refuel the jet packs, just a suggestion.

you've got my support. hoverboard and the jetpack are pretty fun flight accessories, and i agree that having a combo of the two would be pretty cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom