Weapons & Equip How about combining the Hermes Boots and the Cloud in a Bottle with *each other*?

flarn2006

Terrarian
There's two accessories that greatly increase mobility in pre-hardmode: the Horseshoe Balloon, and the Frostspark Boots. Of course, once Hardmode is activated and you can make wings, a lot of their functions are obsolete. Some of them are still useful though, namely the double-jump effect and the fast running speed. These two effects are created by a component in each of those accessories: the Hermes Boots, and the Cloud in a Bottle.

The problem is, there's no way to combine those two effects into one item, because they can already each be combined with other items. Except, those other items are all things that are obsolete if you have wings. So if you want just those two effects, you have to use two accessory slots instead of just one.

How about making an accessory that combines the Hermes Boots with the Cloud in a Bottle (or the Bunch of Balloons, for that matter), so you can actually get the parts that are still useful, and not be wasting accessory slots when Hardmode starts?

ya see, any variation of rocket boots (lightning or frostspark) actually increase your max flight time, so Hermes boots with cloud in a bottle is a bit obsolete.

ya see, any variation of rocket boots (lightning or frostspark) actually increase your max flight time, so Hermes boots with cloud in a bottle is a bit obsolete.

Oh, the rocket boots effect actually works with wings to extend flight time? I didn't think it did because I didn't see the rocket particles.

Oh, the rocket boots effect actually works with wings to extend flight time? I didn't think it did because I didn't see the rocket particles.
it says so on the wiki near the bottom of the wings page. to be exact a 42% duration increase

it says so on the wiki near the bottom of the wings page. to be exact a 42% duration increase
Okay then, so I guess it's not as much of a waste as I thought. It would still be nice to also have the double (or quadruple) jump effect without having to use two extra accessory slots.

Okay then, so I guess it's not as much of a waste as I thought. It would still be nice to also have the double (or quadruple) jump effect without having to use two extra accessory slots.
well, also the acent speed boost of the balloons is usefull, unless your using the jetpack or the honeypack (shameless port)

Back
Top Bottom