• PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • CONSOLE 1.4 NEWS: The current plan is to have Terraria: Journey's End out for Xbox and PlayStation in Q3 2021 (Jul-Sep). Switch will follow shortly afterwards. More info here. Stay up to date with console news here
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

How about Pets in Otherworld?

Aside from having the smaller gear made from less materials,should pets also have special armor too?

• No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes,but remove the normal small gear.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EaterofGalaxies

Eye of Cthulhu
Yes,I know that in the original Terraria,there's mounts and a few minions that fight,but I was thinking that in TOW,you could customize them. Instead of using summoning items like in Terraria,scattered around the world,you could find nests that contain eggs. Upon getting one of those eggs,if you use them,they would hatch into a pet.

Although,there would be different tiers and types of eggs. The egg tiers could go like this:

Common:Most of these can be found in Biomes found early in the game,and most pets hatched from these eggs will have only have weak abilities,and most of the time will only have one.

Uncommon:These can be found in early-game biomes,but will not appear in the forest. (Or whatever it's TOW equivalent is) Pets from these have decent abilities,and most will have around 2 or 3 abilities.

Semi-rare:These can be found in mid-game biomes, and some drop from bosses. (Eggs can be also dropped from bosses,too) Pets from these eggs have quite strong abilities,and can have up 6 of them.

Rare:The best type of egg,these can only be found in end-game biomes,and dropped from endgame-bosses. Pets from these eggs have Very strong abilities,and have 6-8 of them.

Although all pets can attack,they also have special abilities. (They can have multiple depending on the egg tier they are hatched from) These can do different things and are more powerful depending on the type of egg the pet is hatched from. The types of them can be found below. (Coming Soon!)

Also,pets can wear gear,just like you! In order to craft them,you just craft them like normal armor,except you use fewer materials. (For example,if a helmet for a Player needs 10 of something,a helmet for a pet would only need 6 of that material) They can boost HP,give minor defense,and can boost abilities. On higher tiered gear,thy can even grant new abilities,too.

And that's all for now! Keep in mind this suggestion is a W.I.P,and I still have a few more things to add,such as types of pets and abilities.

Last edited:

Lunar Lunatics

Terrarian
Would the pets be able to die, or would they become inactive for a day if their health goes all the way down?(if they can be damaged)

Maybe it could be like this

Easycore: if your pets life gets down to 0 the go home and become active the next time you go home(or one in game hour)

Medim
[DOUBLEPOST=1435465301,1435464913][/DOUBLEPOST]If your pets health gets to 0 would they die or become in active?

Maybe it could be like this,

Easycore: they go home when their helth gets to 0 and become inactive for a hour or untill you go home(either way you have to go home to get them)

Mediumcore: inactive for one day

Hardcore: your Cherecter can never use that paticuler pet again. If you die with a pet still with you, the pet goes home and is made inactive untill the next cherecter does something with it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435465493][/DOUBLEPOST]My thing bugged out and made me start over, except it saved the first one...

EaterofGalaxies

Eye of Cthulhu
Would the pets be able to die, or would they become inactive for a day if their health goes all the way down?(if they can be damaged)

Maybe it could be like this

Easycore: if your pets life gets down to 0 the go home and become active the next time you go home(or one in game hour)

Medim
[DOUBLEPOST=1435465301,1435464913][/DOUBLEPOST]If your pets health gets to 0 would they die or become in active?

Maybe it could be like this,

Easycore: they go home when their helth gets to 0 and become inactive for a hour or untill you go home(either way you have to go home to get them)

Mediumcore: inactive for one day

Hardcore: your Cherecter can never use that paticuler pet again. If you die with a pet still with you, the pet goes home and is made inactive untill the next cherecter does something with it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435465493][/DOUBLEPOST]My thing bugged out and made me start over, except it saved the first one...
Nice ideas! I just wonder if there are going to be difficulty settings in OW.

Top Bottom