NPCs & Enemies How about there actually being a Lost Girl?

RagnaRook

Terrarian
I really like the Nymph Mob. The first time I spotted her she fooled me good. It was my first day of 1.2.4 and i hadn't played in a while so I just figured I'd wing it without looking at changes. When I saw the "Lost Girl" I figured "Oh cool, a new NPC!" and then she kicked my butt (this was early in the game).

How about actually having a "Lost Girl" and make her as rare to find as the nymph or something so that every time you see one you HAVE to try her out? Similar to the mimics I guess.

All possible % of support!
It was same for me. I love NPCs, so I fall for her trick easily) Even after I checked wiki, I still hope one of them can really be just lost girl... So, great idea and full support from me!

She should sell something or give gifts, but not move in. This way if you find another Nymph/Lost Girl you wouldn't be like "Oh I have the real one at home so this must be a fake"
An ENTIRE VILLAGE OF LOST GIRLS/BOYS!

Naaaah but really it does seem like a solid suggestion but think about it this way:

A girl is lost, pretty much naked, scared for her life in a cave full of monsters. You find her and she sells you stuff. She then stays in the cave full of monsters, naked lost and scared? HELL NO, we're the hero so we offer her a place in out village so she'll be safe!

Also, you wouldn't really want a naked girl living in your town.

If anything maybe make her pop up after the Clothier so that she gets free clothes or something. Maybe you'd need a house with a dresser available? xD

"Cough Cough" Dryad "Cough Cough"
Well yeah but the Dryad is a fully grown woman and at least she's wearing SOMETHING.

The Lost girl could be anywhere from 15 - 20. Though she does seem like an adult considering sprite size. Still, the Clothier's outfit is all torn and :red: as the Lost Man but once he arrives his clothes are all patched up and colorful again. Maybe the Lost girl could have a certain line mentioning one of the female NPCs lending her an outfit?

An ENTIRE VILLAGE OF LOST GIRLS/BOYS!

Naaaah but really it does seem like a solid suggestion but think about it this way:

A girl is lost, pretty much naked, scared for her life in a cave full of monsters. You find her and she sells you stuff. She then stays in the cave full of monsters, naked lost and scared? HELL NO, we're the hero so we offer her a place in out village so she'll be safe!

If anything maybe make her pop up after the Clothier so that she gets free clothes or something. Maybe you'd need a house with a dresser available? xD
Yeah, but like I said, after she's moved in, you wouldn't be fooled by the Nymphs anymore, which kinda ruins one of the best aspects of the suggestion in my opinion.

Also, you wouldn't really want a naked girl living in your town.
I 4000% would, thank you.

Er, anywho, my suggestion would be that the real 'lost girl' gives you something for saving her, and then poofs away like the fishing kid if he dies (saying that she left, as would be appropriate). And maybe the current ones would also give you something, but they'd give you junk, and attack you, making for a better fake-out.

Perhaps the first one you saved would join your village, and give a tiered buff based on the number of lost girls saved in that world. Or she could sell new items on the cheap, which are combined with essences of gratitude (obtained by further saved girls) to make stuff.

Last edited:
Ok so how about her going off on her own every now and again?

Like you save her and she pops up in your town as an explorer of some kind. Eventually, she'd go on an adventure of her own (warning you via the bottom left corner obviously) and then you'd have to go look for her again. Once you save her again she can give/sell you all the items she found on her journey!

Ok so how about her going off on her own every now and again?

Like you save her and she pops up in your town as an explorer of some kind. Eventually, she'd go on an adventure of her own (warning you via the bottom left corner obviously) and then you'd have to go look for her again. Once you save her again she can give/sell you all the items she found on her journey!

This idea is a bit better. I think she should have a chance of giving you a spear, boomerang, blowpipe, or a wand of sparking, as those are not renewable through crates.

After defeating a certain boss or something like that (maybe Skeletron), she should also have a chance to give you Gold/Ice/Water/Pyramid Chest loot, as loot from these chests are not renewable, and not all worlds have pyramids.

After fighting the EoW or BoC, maybe she could have a chance to give crimson seeds for corrupt worlds or corrupt seeds for crimson worlds, thus allowing for artificial biomes to spawn mobs you couldn't normally get without creating multiple worlds, as well as being able to fish for crates to get orb/heart loot. Maybe she could also have a rare chance to give an enchanted sword/arkhalis, as I had to create 13(no joke) worlds to obtain the arkhalis.

This promise of rare loot would give the player more incentive to search for the Lost Girl, making them more likely to walk up to a Nymph and realize they've been tricked as they stare at their death screen. Maybe the Nymph could be buffed in hardmode, or reflect your current stats.

This idea is a bit better. I think she should have a chance of giving you a spear, boomerang, blowpipe, or a wand of sparking, as those are not renewable through crates.

After defeating a certain boss or something like that (maybe Skeletron), she should also have a chance to give you Gold/Ice/Water/Pyramid Chest loot, as loot from these chests are not renewable, and not all worlds have pyramids.

After fighting the EoW or BoC, maybe she could have a chance to give crimson seeds for corrupt worlds or corrupt seeds for crimson worlds, thus allowing for artificial biomes to spawn mobs you couldn't normally get without creating multiple worlds, as well as being able to fish for crates to get orb/heart loot. Maybe she could also have a rare chance to give an enchanted sword/arkhalis, as I had to create 13(no joke) worlds to obtain the arkhalis.

This promise of rare loot would give the player more incentive to search for the Lost Girl, making them more likely to walk up to a Nymph and realize they've been tricked as they stare at their death screen. Maybe the Nymph could be buffed in hardmode, or reflect your current stats.

Perfect idea. (someone get cenx)

Back
Top Bottom