How can I disable achievements

ajud

Terrarian
So I got a not really good laptop, but it runs games well. But terraria is a problem for it. The game lags a lot. I've read other posts, but none of them helped me to fix the problem. I assume the problem is achievements, becuase the lag only happens when walking, when jumping,flying or doing other stuff it will not lag. So I want to know, how do I disable the achievement tracking, because there is a achevement which requires me to walk a lot of distance, so it is calculating when I walk, but how could quickly get that achievement, or disable it?

I don't think it is possible to turn off the achievements; I don't think it would help, because you'd still lag when you move around, regardless of that achievement.

I don't think it is possible to turn off the achievements; I don't think it would help, because you'd still lag when you move around, regardless of that achievement.
I fear your right about there not being any way to disable achievements, but what makes you think people are wrong about that achievement causing lag? This isn't just wild speculation.

I fear your right about there not being any way to disable achievements, but what makes you think people are wrong about that achievement causing lag? This isn't just wild speculation.

Specifically, because even if a) the achievement was gotten, or b) achievements were able to be turned off, I think the code of the game itself would still track your movement, even if it doesn't do anything with it, so regardless of which option, the game would still lag. I can't guarantee this is actually how it works, I don't have the code for it before me, but this is my suspicion based on what coding I've done for a CS degree, so far.

Specifically, because even if a) the achievement was gotten, or b) achievements were able to be turned off, I think the code of the game itself would still track your movement, even if it doesn't do anything with it, so regardless of which option, the game would still lag. I can't guarantee this is actually how it works, I don't have the code for it before me, but this is my suspicion based on what coding I've done for a CS degree, so far.
At least one person has said that finally getting the achievement made the lag stop, but admittedly it is still kind of anecdotal at this point. The theory goes that the lag is caused by connecting to steam to update progress, so it does seem logical it wouldn't do that anymore once you get it.

Ok I had the same issue and I made a big aspalt running path and got the achievement, made all the lag go away and now am playing happily ever after :D

At least one person has said that finally getting the achievement made the lag stop, but admittedly it is still kind of anecdotal at this point. The theory goes that the lag is caused by connecting to steam to update progress, so it does seem logical it wouldn't do that anymore once you get it.

This issue was tagged to Yoraiz0r in another thread where a player has provided technical suggestion on how to code it for Terraria and Steam without constantly requesting an update progress. It would be wise that the update progress is stored locally on the machine and once it is completed, sent to steam as a notification.

We've got a potential fix for this issue in development, we just haven't been able to release it yet.

Because none of our testers or team have the issue (curiously, this issue only hits a random minority of players), we can't verify it, but once we update, feel free to check it out and let us know if its fixed.

So I got a not really good laptop, but it runs games well. But terraria is a problem for it. The game lags a lot. I've read other posts, but none of them helped me to fix the problem. I assume the problem is achievements, becuase the lag only happens when walking, when jumping,flying or doing other stuff it will not lag. So I want to know, how do I disable the achievement tracking, because there is a achevement which requires me to walk a lot of distance, so it is calculating when I walk, but how could quickly get that achievement, or disable it?

Hi there my name is Legion and I believe I have to solution to your issue

The fix is rather simple.
Got to Documents>My Games>Terraria.
There will be a file called "config" there. Open it with notepad and hit 'Ctrl+F' to search.
Enter "RunningAchievementEnabled" and when found, changed the value to false.
Launch your game and the lag would be fixed.

Terraria fix.JPG

After this has been fixed, Terraria would no longer track your movement to complete the "Marathon Medalist" achievement.
I myself have had this problem and I used this to fix it, or if you so choose to get the achievement done, I suggest making a hoik loop, as the game still tracks this as ground movement.

Caution- Be sure to make a backup of your My Games>Terraria folder before attempting this. This fix would not work with alternatives like T-modLoader.

Cheer's buddy. Hope this helps
Email: [email protected]

So if you cannot disable the achievement (because 1.4), just set up a hoik that sends you back and forth and ride it.

Back
Top Bottom