PC How can I find the world seed of my terraria world?

In the world select UI, there is a little seed icon. When you hover over it, it shows your world seed. You can also click the icon to copy the seed.
1637118666735.png

Strange. It appears that the new DST Crossover Update (1.4.3) has gotten rid of the icon. The only other way to check your seed that I know of is to open up the world in TEdit, and in the world properties tab it says what the seed is.

Strange. It appears that the new DST Crossover Update (1.4.3) has gotten rid of the icon. The only other way to check your seed that I know of is to open up the world in TEdit, and in the world properties tab it says what the seed is.
when I open tedit, it gives an error "terraria content not found".

Update tedit. If you don't see your world seed your world might be older. If your world was made before ~ Nov of 2016, then you won't have a world seed.
I was using the old version of tedit. I downloaded the new version, but this time the latest news application opens. Tedit won't open the program.

Last edited:
So, worlds which predated the Seed functionality cannot show their seeds (the system is not retroactive). The system was fully added for all users as of 1.4, though some users may have had it activated as an experimental feature in 1.3.5.

If your particular world does not have the Seed icon, it means that said world was older than the Seed system. Or, as mentioned, that you might be using an older version.

Back
Top Bottom