Mobile How can I make a logic gate in terraria mobile

BrotatoBoi

Terrarian
Hello I know on the pc version there are logic gates but not on android so how would I be able (If possible) to make an and gate on mobile... The reason I am asking is because I am trying to make a lever locked door that has a code...

How I would do it is get a dart trap blocked by x blocks denied of reaching a teal? pressure plate.
X signals that are sent connect to either one of those blocks or the dart trap. Does that work?

That could work but what about projectiles that pass through blocks like the Death Sickle? That would basically be lock picking but easier. Yes I know you could hide the lock but still.
[doublepost=1539361212,1539360564][/doublepost]ERROR: TEAL PRESSURE PLATES/PADS ARE DESKTOP EXCLUSIVE, THEREFORE IT CANNOT WORK.

Ok I will try that
[doublepost=1539367212,1539363187][/doublepost]
That could work but what about projectiles that pass through blocks like the Death Sickle? That would basically be lock picking but easier. Yes I know you could hide the lock but still.
[doublepost=1539361212,1539360564][/doublepost]ERROR: TEAL PRESSURE PLATES/PADS ARE DESKTOP EXCLUSIVE, THEREFORE IT CANNOT WORK.

I am pretty much going with what the other person said but changed:
Correct levers are clicked (each correct one drops a bunny lower),
Bunny hits pressure pad unlocks door and respawns a new bunny then dies... I am hoping this will work

Does, mobile even have Teal Pressure Plates? On the Wiki it doesn't show a mobile icon next to them.
Logic gates before 1.3.1 are just very big and clunky kind of like red stone in Minecraft. Sure there are ways to do it. But they take up a lot more space and it is not fun. XD

Maybe you could figure something out with hoiks? I know they are kinda weird in mobile, and you would also have to use skeletons due to the lack of dummies.
This is the only related thread I could find: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/mobile-hoiks.54342/

I have made a lock like thing with a bird statue once. I'll see if I can dig that up later. Basically it had a 1 tile tall track with actuated block in it. You send a bird through to "test" for the right code. If one of the tiles is not actuated, the bird would bounce back and hit a plate on the other side of the statue.... Or something like that...

Maybe you could figure something out with hoiks?

It is definately possible with hoiks. A discussion as to how to create logic gates with hoiks was one of the first on this social forum. Preemptive to the 1.3 update, I created a sort of legacy post on how to create universal gates with hoiks in the Guides forum. There is, of course, DicemanX's guide to Giant Logic Gates as well.

None of these posts are useful to the mobile user, however. Mobile Terraria supports only a subset of the hoiks available PC, namely up-hoiks. That is not to say that it is impossible to create hoik-based logic gates on mobile, just that you have to modify hoik track and junction formulations to work only with up-hoiks. An example of this was shown by Joe in some random thread buried deep in the forum pages. I've deleted both Terraria and my Windows partition, so I can't show you on the fly, but suffice it to say, it is possible. I would personally use a different method anyhow, like a mechanism of spear traps and projectile pressure plates hidden from the Deathsickle offscreen.

It is definately possible with hoiks. A discussion as to how to create logic gates with hoiks was one of the first on this social forum. Preemptive to the 1.3 update, I created a sort of legacy post on how to create universal gates with hoiks in the Guides forum. There is, of course, DicemanX's guide to Giant Logic Gates as well.

None of these posts are useful to the mobile user, however. Mobile Terraria supports only a subset of the hoiks available PC, namely up-hoiks. That is not to say that it is impossible to create hoik-based logic gates on mobile, just that you have to modify hoik track and junction formulations to work only with up-hoiks. An example of this was shown by Joe in some random thread buried deep in the forum pages. I've deleted both Terraria and my Windows partition, so I can't show you on the fly, but suffice it to say, it is possible. I would personally use a different method anyhow, like a mechanism of spear traps and projectile pressure plates hidden from the Deathsickle offscreen.
Yeah, I knew about those. I've even done some hoiktronics myself back in the days... But, yeah I not sure how you'd make these work on mobile. Can't really test either as I don't have the mobile version.

But teal plates won't work, as they only exist on PC, as @SovereignVis said. Death sickle wouldn't be a problem though. Teal plates are only triggered by projectiles that interact with tiles. Though it can also be triggered by pets and summons...

@BrotatoBoi try this:

hoikANDgate.PNG

hoikANDgate_wiring.PNG

The lone switch next to the door is intended for an input reset/vault door relock, but there's no point in working that out if the basic mechanism doesn't work on mobile.

new-telehoik.PNG
new-telehoik_wiring.PNG

I've invented a new (@DicemanX) tele-hoiking module on the basis of @ZeroGravitas' recognition of the principle governing halfslab teleporter teleport displacement. This tele-hoiking module draws rather obvious inspiration from the ZG's skeleton powered 'ultimate' engine only with half-block teleportation displacement and an up/down-hoik toggle. The advantage of this tele-hoiking module over its predecessor is that it does not need to be mirrored between ticks, and that it can be modified as seen in the example of the passcode protected door above, to work on mobile (*proof pending). The mobile-friendly modifications are: a substitution of the down-hoik with a full block (actor simply falls), glass walls to retain the horizontal movement, and an actuated full-block ceiling above the up hoik to inhibit vertical movement.
[doublepost=1541064992,1541059256][/doublepost]Obviously, to test this on mobile, you can abridge the build to fewer number outputs--although the more numbers the more likely you will be able to see if the hoiking actor slips out of the hoiks. Success is if the with all inputs on, the vault doors open.

Back
Top Bottom