Xbox One How can I play split screen w/ my kids? (XBox 1)

PizzaBones73

Terrarian
3 years ago I bought an Xbox One for my kids for Christmas. Then I bought 2 extra controllers and Terraria because we all love to play together. This roughly cost about $400.
For the life of me we cannot figure out how to play Terraria on the Xbox one together.
For three years we have been trying to play Terraria together on the Xbox one but we cannot figure it out. So we're stuck with 360 if we want to play together but the 360 does not have updates anymore. So my kids cannot enjoy Terraria the Xbox One, all they can do is sit there and watch me play... This is pathetic.
I am begging for someone to help us.
Please reply with step-by-step instructions for how we can play Terraria together on the Xbox One, local, split screen.
We only have one Xbox Live account, and I am not buying two more accounts just so that we can play one game together.
This is ridiculous. All we should need to do is turn on the game turn on all the controllers and play.
Again, to repeat:
We are playing on the Xbox One.
We want to play multiplayer, split screen, local.
We only have one Xbox Live account.
We are not buying two more Xbox Live accounts so that we can play multiplayer Terraria together.
How can we play multiplayer Terraria on the Xbox One local split screen?

3 years ago I bought an Xbox One for my kids for Christmas. Then I bought 2 extra controllers and Terraria because we all love to play together. This roughly cost about $400.
For the life of me we cannot figure out how to play Terraria on the Xbox one together.
For three years we have been trying to play Terraria together on the Xbox one but we cannot figure it out. So we're stuck with 360 if we want to play together but the 360 does not have updates anymore. So my kids cannot enjoy Terraria the Xbox One, all they can do is sit there and watch me play... This is pathetic.
Please reply with step-by-step instructions for how we can play Terraria together on the Xbox One, local, split screen.
We only have one Xbox Live account, and I am not buying two more accounts just so that we can play one game together.
This is ridiculous. All we should need to do is turn on the game turn on all the controllers and play.
Again, to repeat:
We are not buying two more Xbox Live accounts so that we can play multiplayer Terraria together.
Turn on all the controllers and sign each into the appropriate profile.
Start Terraria
Choose single player
Whoever is joining in needs to push the A button instead of start like on 360

FYI on a side note if you have the account with Live set the xbox as its "home xbox" then all profiles on that xbox will have access to xbox live services.

Those steps brought me to this:

Attachments

• 20180809_052044.jpg
    20180809_052044.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7,673
They do have profiles, but I don't think I added them that way through the settings. I'll do that next and then report back. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
Again, to repeat:
Ok so they do have accounts, but they don't show up in Terraria? That's probably due to content restrictions. By default child accounts are subject to various restrictions based on their age. You'll need to relax the "Access to content" restriction. You can read more about that here:
Xbox Support
can i not make them a guest???

Again, to repeat:

can we not just make them a guest

Why cant i make my son a guest??? I want to play split-screen with him. Why is this difficult?
Guest accounts are not allowed in Terraria because they aren't persistent. Guest accounts gets deleted when you restart the console, so if they were allowed you could lose important items such as armor/weapons that you may have given to your child.

You are better off in the long term if you create a real acount for your child. The save data is then stored in the cloud (just as your dave data) and can be accessed from any Xbox. That might be useful to you someday. Also, depending on your childs age you may want to impose some restrictions on what type of games that can be played or limit how much they can play each day.

By the way, it may be better to create the child account on a pc rather than your Xbox. You will have more options available then. There is also a mobile app available now.

Back
Top Bottom