PC How did we survive back when...

How did we survive when magic mirrors used Mana?

Rather easily, because it was only 10 (or 20?) mana which takes all of two seconds to recover. Though if you found a mirror really early in the game and this was back during the era where you needed 10 stars for one crystal... well.
[DOUBLEPOST=1452657926,1452657867][/DOUBLEPOST]
I still do that nearly all the time because you know, force of habit from playing so much before auto-mine.

That and Auto-Mine is... quirky at times. I use it for long tunnels and such, but I use manual for a lot of stuff still, because of the unpredictability.

If you do inventory management correctly it's easy. I don't even use my piggy bank and safe but they're there if you need extra inventory space.
Although I think this new "Treasure Bag" Item might be an additional personal inventory like the safe and piggy bank.

Even if you do IM correctly, there's nothing, I mean nothing, that's going to stop you from filling up while going into the dungeon or the jungle, because of the simple fact that unless you're dropping items that are worth 50s-1g+, you're going to fill up and that's a given, especially if you want Gold Chests (you can't make them that I know of) or Ivy Chests (same). So you see lots of useful potions, items that sell for a decent amount of money and personally I hate dropping any of it. I'll drop cheap crap like lesser healing potions, even regular healing potions if I already have 30... but I hate dropping useful potions, and the weapons/accessories that come from these chests.

And of course, every pot in the jungle has to drop stupid crap like rope (it don't take long to get 999), bombs, lesser healing potions (lol, LESSER healing potions in the Jungle? that's comedy haha) etc so you're constantly dropping that crap too. And of course in Hardmode Jungle, you can add Hooks, Vines, Stingers, and Jungle Spores to the mess too. And the occasional Cobalt Vanity armor too.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry for replying to an old post, I didn't realize an alert for a post like dumped me 2-3 pages back and I replied to something I saw at the bottom of the page.

we should have a "mark as unwanted" feature. Sure, the item marked would still occupy a slot in your inventory, but this would grant that you wouldn't get more of the same item in your inventory as long as you have it marked

(and if we'd have this feature, we could write here "how did we survive without the "mark as unwanted" feature?" See, i'm not even going OT :))

we should have a "mark as unwanted" feature. Sure, the item marked would still occupy a slot in your inventory, but this would grant that you wouldn't get more of the same item in your inventory as long as you have it marked

(and if we'd have this feature, we could write here "how did we survive without the "mark as unwanted" feature?" See, i'm not even going OT :))

Eh, the problem is, most of this stuff stacks so you wouldn't be gaining anything by marking it as unwanted. If you have 1 vine on you marked unwanted, it literally doesn't matter whether you pick up a 2nd vine or just leave it laying on the ground, you're still using the same amount of inventory space.

How did we survive without the ability to quick stack to nearby chests?

Oh right... manually.

I'm actually surprised no one has done this one yet.

Eh, the problem is, most of this stuff stacks so you wouldn't be gaining anything by marking it as unwanted. If you have 1 vine on you marked unwanted, it literally doesn't matter whether you pick up a 2nd vine or just leave it laying on the ground, you're still using the same amount of inventory space.
Unless you have a full stack, that would just not let you get another stack.

How did we survive back when chests only stored half the items they do now? Oh yeah, and also all blocks only stacked up to 250 back then.

i remember when there were only THREE grappling hooks, and even having the basic one was a big accomplishment. Hooks drop rate was kinda low (at least for me, my first hook took a lot), you needed the basic hook to craft the ivy whip and there were no recipes for gem grappling hooks, nor boss hooks. Underground jungle without one of those was a nightmare, one wrong step and you'd become a splattered meat stain on the floor...good times, good times
I thought there were only two...

What would we do without these beautiful 45 gold coin wall hangers?
How could we ever survive without 25 diamond gem block lights?!
HOW COULD WE GO ON WITHOUT A LIVING WOOD CANDLE ON EVERY LAST TABLE?!

IIIIIT'S HIP! IIIIIIT'S CORAL! IT'S...

How did we survive when there were no altar ore pickaxes and axes, and we were all forced to listen to VRRUUUUUMMMMM VRRRRRRUUUMMMMM VRRRUUUUUMMMMMMM?

How did we survive when there were no summoner weapons?

How did we survive when there was no super absorbent sponge?

How did we survive when there was no money trough?

How did we survive when hammers destroyed furniture, so we kept breaking our furniture when we meant to break walls and vice versa?

How did we survive when we had to try to not laugh at the way "Hamdrax" sounded? At least that was true for me anyway.

How did we survive without smart cursor?

By putting up with the fact that smart cursor never did anything for you except for making you destroy things you didn't want to destroy when you accidentally clicked shift.

Back
Top Bottom