Hot Topic How Did You Come Across Terraria?

This happened about 5 years ago. I was watching my sister play a game (that game being Terraria) on what was at the time our shared computer, and I liked the look of the game. I saw a green slime and (embarrassingly) said "hey look, a jumping bush!". My sister told me it was a slime, explained some things about the game when I asked about it, and a while later, I asked if I could play it, and she said yes. I really enjoyed it, and eventually bought the game myself.

I can't even remember, but it involves playing the very old mobile version many years ago and not enjoying it much until a couple years later when I bought it on Steam (1.3 had recently released it seemed) and found it a significantly better game.

2015 when Etho did a Let's Play for the new 1.3 update with a Youtuber I liked watching. (No idea how to spell his name, but I think it's Zeausto.) I asked for Terraria next Christmas.

I can't even remember, but it involves playing the very old mobile version many years ago and not enjoying it much until a couple years later when I bought it on Steam (1.3 had recently released it seemed) and found it a significantly better game.
Same. I played the old mobile version in grade school. Some time before 2014 I guess because I remember 1.2 happening. So probably late 2013?

2013-ish i think
it was almost certainly due to Stampy playing it (console 1.1 and 1.2 days) and i really liked it so i decided to get it around 2014 on my old ipad (still 1.2 lol), and the rest is history and memories

Around a year ago, after a series of YouTube recommendations took me to the Soundtrack, and seeing it on Xbox Game pass.!
Then, sadly, I read waaay too much of the Wiki, and ruined the wonder and the experience of the game😭
when Terraria 2 comes out, I aint reading the wiki much

When I got my Raspberry Pi, it had Scratch on it, and I coded some stuff on Scratch. Then I found out there was a website, and I found Scratcharia.
I started researching Terraria, and eventually, my mom got it for me on my ipad! I played Terraria for a few weeks, and then the Eye for an Eye update came out on Mobile.
I still play Terraria to this day.

I really liked that icon. And I really miss the mobile exclusives. Turkor the Ungrateful and Leapus and :red:. The red wyverns. Those were so cool. What else am I forgetting.
Associated boss drops and ocram’s soul of blight armor. Zephyr fish pet destroying vines. Cupid light pet dropped from jewels during Valentine’s Day. Arch Demons which dropped the crystal shard magic book. The holy hand grenade. All early swords were swing and not stab. Might be more.

My mum found it as an app on the apple app store very soon after its release. Fell in love with it. Rediscovered it when my grandma bought the collectors edition disc for my grandad's computer.

One of my family members noticed the 360 edition of it sitting on a shelf at a store, and when we looked at it, we both thought that it was, like that popular stereotype for this game, "2D Minecraft". We then proceeded to buy it. That was several years ago.

I was running a TF2 group, server, & fast download server while making custom maps and alpha/beta testing software when one of my admins/moderators mentioned it to me and gifted it to me…less than a year after its release.

Back
Top Bottom