Hot Topic How Did You Come Across Terraria?

I was looking for games for my old computer and come across it... I wasn't sure if play it, it was 1.0.3 version of the game (I think, the sand was buggy and breaking one of the lower blocks could break the hole pile of sand) I decided to try a pirated version first and then I started playing for hours. One thing take to another and here I am, currently out of pc but still playing it on Android since my second or third year of high school and now I'm in the University, it's been a long way...

I'm really loving this discussion about Minecraft versus Terraria. Maybe a should make a thread about that. Now that would be interesting.

(Terraria is better. But I still love Minecraft)

I'm really loving this discussion about Minecraft versus Terraria. Maybe a should make a thread about that. Now that would be interesting.

(Terraria is better. But I still love Minecraft)

Don't. You'll just make a thread that would either be unproductive because this is a Terraria Forum, or create a flame war.

On Topic: I saw Red and Blue play the game when it was in Alpha. Saw some very enjoyable aspects of the game and wanted to try it out shortly after it released. Was very tricky deciding to play Portal 2 or Terraria at the time!

I was a fan of Minecraft back then but my Cousin showed Terraria to me a looong time ago when it was in alpha or beta or something (because he thought I'd like it since I liked minecraft). There was no background it was just blue with a sun and there were grass blocks and some stone and I thought it was amazing. But only after 4-5 months later did I manage to get the game for myself.

Loved it ever since.

I discovered it when watching Minecraft videos. (April 2011)
Then, about a year later I came across Yrimir, in 2012.
I went on with Minecraft... as usual, and then came across him again in April 2013 when I actually had a YT account.
When his 1.2 pre-release videos came out, I was determined. I had seen all of the gameplays, and it looked nice. This was at the time where I hardly played Minecraft anymore.
I got to about Gold level, then got confused and didn't know where to continue.
I tried again a few weeks before Console 1.2, but didn't get anywhere.
Then in June I started playing it again, noticing new content. That was when I was actually bothered to go to the Corruption and summon the Eater of Worlds, using bombs.
3 months from now, I bought the PC version and am using most of my time playing Terraria.
I've racked up 355 hours from then!

Don't. You'll just make a thread that would either be unproductive because this is a Terraria Forum, or create a flame war.
Excellent point. Which is why I really want to see what would happen. But I'm surprised that so many of use found Terraria because of Minecraft.

You know, I would love to see why Re-Logic created Terraria. What inspired them, and why they thought it would be a good idea.

Hmm, I'm not quite sure, but I think it was a post on the minecraft forums that led me to discover Terraria. This was back when the game was still in development. Anyway, the trailer caught my interest right away. I combined elements of most of my favorite game genres. I liked the sandboxy feel and freedom to destroy and create as you please, but I thought it would be cool if it had more on the adventure and combat side of things. Then comes Terraria, basically the first of it's kind, combining all the great aspects of Minecraft with sort of a Metroidvania (which I love) style gameplay and lots of customizability. Watching PBat's let's play of it got me super hyped for it, and I bought it on the day of release, and haven't once regretted it.

Hmm, I'm not quite sure, but I think it was a post on the minecraft forums that led me to discover Terraria. This was back when the game was still in development. Anyway, the trailer caught my interest right away. I combined elements of most of my favorite game genres. I liked the sandboxy feel and freedom to destroy and create as you please, but I thought it would be cool if it had more on the adventure and combat side of things. Then comes Terraria, basically the first of it's kind, combining all the great aspects of Minecraft with sort of a Metroidvania (which I love) style gameplay and lots of customizability. Watching PBat's let's play of it got me super hyped for it, and I bought it on the day of release, and haven't once regretted it.
That's exactly why I like it.

Stumbled across it ages ago when it first came out and people were reffering to it as '2d Minecraft'. hated on it for a bit at first, to join the cool crowd, then I actually gave it a whirl and I've been hooked ever since :D

Last edited:
Stumbled across it ages ago when it first came out and people were reffering to it as '2d Minecraft'. hated on it for a bit at first, to join the cool crowd, then I actually gave it a whirl and I've been hoked ever since :D

Well, I'm glad you were willing to approach it with an open mind in the end. Always a good thing, especially when you find out it's actually good in the end! :)

Last edited:
In a forum, they were talking about it. First i tried id, but my pc was a bit cra*ppy so I uninstalled it, then when i got a new pc I tried it again and spent 8+ hours playing it the first time.

Back
Top Bottom