Hot Topic How Did You Come Across Terraria?

I saw people on school playing it, i found it looking like 2D minecraft, they didn't tell the name of the game though,
I've heard Redigit talking about his next project will be Terraria.
then i saw in the App store a populair game called Terraria, because i know SMBX, i found it worth to try it out.
right now, i havn't played Minecraft for like...1.5 year already

How i came across terraria was when i saw the a video of it on the yogscast channel for the first time then kinda forgot about until i discovered some people started to lp which got me more interested into the game which lead to me getting it

Mainly my friend in Freshman year. I would a lot of the time, look forward to going to gym class to talk to him about Terraria and learn stuff from it.

My friend on my school told me that there is a fun game called Terraria, everyone begun playing it. so i tried it myself and now im addicted :p

It was a cold , dark and rainy night....I was walking on my way home , keeping my hands in my pocket with my hoodie up , as I walked I had this feeling I was being watched.

I turned around and saw a shadowy figure run past. With worry , I hurried my steps and tried to make my way home as fast as possible. I could hear steps being rushed towards me but I couldn't see anything clearly because of the darkness and rain. A small figure appeared out of nowhere....it was a puppy. I approached the cute little thing trying to see if it was injured , it wasn't.... As soon as I went to pet it...IT TURNED INTO A GIANT 3 HEADED WEREWOLF AND THREW ME AGAINST A WALL.

It's overwhelming strength meant I stood no chance , so I ran as fast as I could but who can outrun a 3-headed werewolf? It rushed behind me before I could turn around and I tripped :)red:es love trippin) the werewolf held me down as it stood on my back....it approached my head slowly and whispered in my ear "You should buy Terraria"

The werewolf turned back into a puppy and happily skipped away , the rain stopped and the sun rose. Rainbows and ponies appeared out of nowhere , marking it as a beautiful day. I went home and took my pills.

It was a cold , dark and rainy night....I was walking on my way home , keeping my hands in my pocket with my hoodie up , as I walked I had this feeling I was being watched.

I turned around and saw a shadowy figure run past. With worry , I hurried my steps and tried to make my way home as fast as possible. I could hear steps being rushed towards me but I couldn't see anything clearly because of the darkness and rain. A small figure appeared out of nowhere....it was a puppy. I approached the cute little thing trying to see if it was injured , it wasn't.... As soon as I went to pet it...IT TURNED INTO A GIANT 3 HEADED WEREWOLF AND THREW ME AGAINST A WALL.

It's overwhelming strength meant I stood no chance , so I ran as fast as I could but who can outrun a 3-headed werewolf? It rushed behind me before I could turn around and I tripped :)red:es love trippin) the werewolf held me down as it stood on my back....it approached my head slowly and whispered in my ear "You should buy Terraria"

The werewolf turned back into a puppy and happily skipped away , the rain stopped and the sun rose. Rainbows and ponies appeared out of nowhere , marking it as a beautiful day. I went home and took my pills.
Um, you should either talk to your doctor or Re-Logic about that. Either you have a bad medical condition, you ate/drank/smoked something bad, or Re-Logic has a new way to advertise.

Last edited:
My friend, who is a fan of Minecraft, noticed a Minecraft splash saying "Also try Terraria!"
He decided to check it out, got hooked, bought the game, showed it to me, I got hooked, I bought the game, the end.

I was surfing YouTube back in late 2011, and happened to see a Terraria Let's Play in the related videos. A fan was born.

Just randomly found it in the App Store (iOS), because I was bored. It's better than Minecraft PE so I bought it. After 10 minutes, that 10 minutes, I've never played Minecraft PE again (I play it on PC, I like the mods)
After that, I have some.... troubles and go to the wikia then I realised there's a PC version and I bought it on Steam (first purchase on Steam anyway)

I was on Armor Games, i played a game and read is description:
"This game is inspired by Minecraft and Terraria."
Looked at Terraria, find out it was on steam, then a boxed version on amazon, i bougth it, made a steam account and then it stole me several days of my life.

I caught the 1.1 update trailer way back when somewhere
I thought -- "wow, I've never played anything like that before". I bought it as soon as I saw house-building.

Way, way back in 1.0.5 I saw some slightly older videos from a YouTuber I used to watch who, if I recall correctly, claimed to have some type of early version of Terraria. From there, I watched a little, and not long after I bought the game. Three and a half years (...and a day) later, still love the game.

Yrimir, yrimir, yrimir. That's all I saw, I came across a random Terraria video, it looked amazing, and I got it in... March, I think for no discount. Yrimir is love, Yrimir is life

I remember I really wanted to get it back in 1.0.4 (fourth update after release) because some famous youtubers said it was really good. It was my first game on steam ever so I made my steam account, had a look at it and it looked awesome, bought it and played it! I pretty much got the game a few updates after it came out.

Here I am with 933 hours on record, and getting ready for the brand new update! :cool:

A friend once send me a, pirated, copy and then I got hooked on it. It was only the 1.0.5 version but damn, I build my first ever tower that kept rising. Then, I got Steam a some time later and saw that Terraria was on sale. I didn't have many games on Steam back then, but I bought it and was overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that was added. And now I am here, with 246 (official) hours on Terraria, still building towers on every new map I create and my 1.0.5 tower is still there, being used. Started playing online and thus my Terraria addiction was created, I kicked the habit though, waiting for my 1.3 fix now.

*Xman101 discovered thread!*
*Wall of Text appeared!*

At the time I was showed Terraria by my brother, I was an avid Minecraft fan who was getting burned out over the repetitiveness of the Minecraftian tasks I performed every time I played. Terraria, by comparison, was very refreshing in that my main focus wasn't entirely on mining, and I couldn't just wimp out and 'turn off' the monsters. I'm looking at you, Peaceful mode.

Yep. That's pretty much it.

*Wall of Text was defeated by lack of lengthy backstory!*

EDIT:
Saw Nanners playing it for a while.
Well. I'd better go digging around his channel then, since I am subbed to him and all. >.>

Last edited:
One of my ex's actually got me into Terraria. One day he asked me to play a game with him. I didn't really care about it looking like minecraft. So we played a bit and after about 2-3 years I've bought it for myself and my nieces.

Back
Top Bottom