How did you feel when you made your first Ankh Shield?

The RNG pain was real, but the end result was completely worth it.

I'll probably feel even better once I craft a Cell Phone...assuming the Nymph will drop a Metal Detector.
Nymph always drops Metal Detector and i really have no problem with that item. It's always hard to get sextant from the Angler... and I'm no mood to farm it right now.

Nymph always drops Metal Detector and i really have no problem with that item. It's always hard to get sextant from the Angler... and I'm no mood to farm it right now.
I just realised it's a 1/2 chance to find a Metal Detector. Whoops.
But I won't enjoy the Angler quests in order to get the Fish Finder. At least once that's done I'll have everything I need to make a Cell Phone.

I just realised it's a 1/2 chance to find a Metal Detector. Whoops.
But I won't enjoy the Angler quests in order to get the Fish Finder. At least once that's done I'll have everything I need to make a Cell Phone.
50% chance is still high. Also I play mainly on Expert Mode where it's 100% chance, so nope. I usually get Fish Finder or Fisherman's Pocket Guide but no Sextant... I finished my first cell phone after Moon Lord because I was missing that one item for half of the game when I tried to fish quests everyday in game... Where's your God now?

50% chance is still high. Also I play mainly on Expert Mode where it's 100% chance, so nope. I usually get Fish Finder or Fisherman's Pocket Guide but no Sextant... I finished my first cell phone after Moon Lord because I was missing that one item for half of the game when I tried to fish quests everyday in game... Where's your God now?
Yikes. That's some terrible luck right there. Of course, it will inevitably drop. One day.

The RNG pain was real, but the end result was completely worth it.

I'll probably feel even better once I craft a Cell Phone...assuming the Nymph will drop a Metal Detector.

Nymphs always drop metal detectors. It is literally 100% drop.

EDIT: Someone said above it's 50%? Odd. They musta changed that or something because it was 100%. lol. Musta been pretty lucky; I've killed like 10 in non-expert and all 10 dropped one.

Then I've had the most ridiculous luck ever to get 10 for 10 with 50% lol.
It's pretty much a 50/50 chance. You will either get a Metal Detector or you will not. The odds are equal.
Which, to me, seems to be the proper way of handling drops like this.

I remember looking for Nazar in the dungeon... when I finally saw it drop, after like a thousand kills, I felt the kind of happiness that cannot be described in words.

getting that shield together is indeed not easy, i had the most trouble finding a Megaphone and the Vitamins mainly couse i don't have a hallowed desert and the floaty grosses did't drop one till i actually went grinding for one with a water candle...

Now i'm farming the angler to get the cellphone components from him, but so far i have gotten both mounts and the angler armor but none of the other mats...
After i have those, maybe i'll finally will have some piece of mind.

Levels of ecstasy never before felt by mankind, since I never managed to get an armor polish for 400 hours of playing. It was always the last piece I needed to complete the item.

Well, I got all the pieces within either normal playing or after only a few minutes of farming ( I literally hopped into a cavern, rekt an Armored Skeleton, and got the polish, for example ), but I ended spending about three nights from around 9 to ~1 clock sitting in my spot in the Dungeon before getting the nazaar.

There were many joyful profanities involved with my feelings I had. Not to mention my shield came with Armored right as I crafted it.

Back
Top Bottom