tModLoader How difficult would this be to make?

Akimasu

Terrarian
I've recently found a few mods that I really enjoy but...seem to make our characters a touch overpowered. Couple this with a thousand hours into the game - a bit more challenge would be welcomed anyways.

What I'm thinking about is a very blanket doubling of all stats of enemies. All I'm wondering is if this is something difficult or not. I don't want my first shot at scripting in a decade to be miles over my head, ya'know?

A smooth ultimate goal would be something a'la Diablo 3's Torment system. One day maybe even added items in in higher difficulties and such, but that's looking forward - if I can get into it.

Thanks & Cheers~

*Edit: TLDR: I want to double the health and damage of all enemies in the game(for now). In the future I'd like to have a scaling difficulty bar with increased rewards.

Last edited:
I've recently found a few mods that I really enjoy but...seem to make our characters a touch overpowered. Couple this with a thousand hours into the game - a bit more challenge would be welcomed anyways.

What I'm thinking about is a very blanket doubling of all stats of enemies. All I'm wondering is if this is something difficult or not. I don't want my first shot at scripting in a decade to be miles over my head, ya'know?

A smooth ultimate goal would be something a'la Diablo 3's Torment system. One day maybe even added items in in higher difficulties and such, but that's looking forward - if I can get into it.

Thanks & Cheers~

*Edit: TLDR: I want to double the health and damage of all enemies in the game(for now). In the future I'd like to have a scaling difficulty bar with increased rewards.

As my little knowledge of TModLoader could say, it wouldn't be hard. I can try to make something like that.

Thanks & Cheers~

While the "increasing rewards" thing might get tricky, increasing the stats of every enemy is simpler than you'd believe. All you need is a GlobalNPC file, in which you need only call SetDefaults(). In there, you just throw in the stat changes (ex. npc.damage *= 2;). Every npc will be affected. If you want, you can add in conditionals to keep the changes from happening to some npcs, but it sounds like that's not important to you at this point.

A difficulty slider will step things up a bit, but in the meantime you can just make multiple versions of the simple stat change with different levels of difficulty.

Shouldent be too hard, you wouldent have to research much to find out how to make something like that. Although, i think 2x health, damage etc would be a little too hard

Thanks & Cheers~

Doesn't expert mode already alter unfriendly npc stats?

Back
Top Bottom