How do I change a player's name?

timidercow

Terrarian
My son accidentally named his player / and has invested a lot of time in this particular player.
How can we change the name to something else? He uses this player on Pedguin's server and has had issues with the name.
He has also signed up and paid to become a Pedhead but nothing's happened.

Hope you can assist me?

You could put all of his stuff in a chest or multiple chests depending on how many things he has. Then, he exits the world, and creates a new character. After that, you create a new character and equip that new character with all the things you put in the chests in the same world. Got it?

You can use a character editor like this one, open the character, click on the name and change it. Then save it.
Be sure to make a backup first and be sure to place the browser-saved file in your Terraria save folder. (C:\Users\<profile>\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players)
Also be sure to rename the associated character folder inside the Players folder, since that contains his map data (e.g. what he explored).

You can use a character editor like this one, open the character, click on the name and change it. Then save it.
Be sure to make a backup first and be sure to place the browser-saved file in your Terraria save folder. (C:\Users\<profile>\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players)
Also be sure to rename the associated character folder inside the Players folder, since that contains his map data (e.g. what he explored).
I love Terrasvr

You could put all of his stuff in a chest or multiple chests depending on how many things he has. Then, he exits the world, and creates a new character. After that, you create a new character and equip that new character with all the things you put in the chests in the same world. Got it?

Unfortunately, that doesn't cover their health and mana. Mana is easy to fix, health a little more difficult -- either way, he could make a local world to handle the upgrades.

actually if its a journey server he will lose his duplication menu so you better use This Website Right Here and click on load player, then go to Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players, open the file with the name you want to change, when its opened click on the name and change it and that all if you want to know how to get anything from that website search for how to get ANY item on terraria with terrasavr

actually if its a journey server he will lose his duplication menu so you better use This Website Right Here and click on load player, then go to Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players, open the file with the name you want to change, when its opened click on the name and change it and that all if you want to know how to get anything from that website search for how to get ANY item on terraria with terrasavr
This was from 2017, I think the problem was solved.

Back
Top Bottom