How do I create a Texture Pack?

Lex1253

Terrarian
Hi! I'm very new to this whole texture pack thing, but I've wanted to make a one to change the appearances of the Endgame sets (and maybe the Golf Cart), but I don't see how you actually make a texture pack. How do you bind a texture to an item ID and whatnot? I'm going to be making my texture pack in Gimp 2.10, but I don't even know where to find the templates for this.

Any help is immensely appreciated!

See Texture Pack

Make a folder in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks with the specified files and subfolders then use TConvert to get all the files. Just copy those files into the folder and start editing them.

I created this guide for this very purpose. If you want access to the default textures, you can find them in your Terraria files which can be accessed through steam. If you have any questions, I’m here to help. Use TConvert linked in the post above me to change the files from .xnb to .png

I too would like to make my own texture pack. Well maybe not a full texture pack, but I never really liked the backgrounds in the game and I would like to make my own.
Also don't use GIMP, it sucks! XD I would highly recommend you use 'Krita' if Photoshop is not an option for you.

Back
Top Bottom