PC how do i defeat the moon lord in master mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

praneka

Terrarian
hello im doing a fishing playthrough meaning only being able to use items i get from fishing, so no buying from npcs or getting loot from chests and everything went fine until duke fishron but i managed to beat the son of a :red: after many deaths, and things went fine again until i reached the pillars, i got destroyed many many times but i also managed to beat them

now the real problem i have is moon lord, no matter what i do i cant beat him in any of the 7 attemps ive done, i have managed to remove both eyes and almost get his top eye removed as well but he did a :red: last resort attack and blasted me with his deathray when the other two eyes were also using theirs at the same exact time, and no matter what i do, i always get killed by his :red: eyes when they decide to attack in different directions while the moon lord uses his deathray, basically my problem is with the eyes, i cant escape them cuz when i do moon lord uses his deathray and desintegrates my :red:, so is there a way to avoid them completely, their laser beams are the real only issue i have and fishron weapons cant target the top eye cuz when i tried to, moon lord destroyed me in less than 5 seconds, is it just bad luck or something, cuz i always have the same problem when i fight him in all my playthroughs, i know their patterns but their laser beams always catch me off guard especially if i dont have a rod of discord like right now

Best way I found was to kite with the Ufo/broom mount in one direction accross the map, and use the Rod of Discord (or other forms of teleportation, like the queen slime hook) to dodge the giant laser.

Passing the hit through dodge accessoires or cross necklace works too.

Best way I found was to kite with the Ufo/broom mount in one direction accross the map, and use the Rod of Discord (or other forms of teleportation, like the queen slime hook) to dodge the giant laser.

Passing the hit through dodge accessoires or cross necklace works too.
You can't fish ufo/broom mount

A trick I used awhile ago to get Cute Fishron's speed boost always active was to build a massive underwater arena in the sky. It does take a lot of preparation naturally and is best done with the bottomless water bucket or using pumps. Since the water bucket is gotten from the Angler I believe it would still fall under the scope of only using items from fishing for your current playthrough.

I did use it in combination with the Celestial Shell though, but it should be possible to design it in a way to get air pockets or spots you can breathe by going without the shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom