How do I delete my account?

We don't delete accounts.

You can change your username (which you already did), and you can change your email address. Those are the only personal data associated with an account.

Your account will always be here for you, should you change your mind.

And please don't "bump" threads.

We don't delete accounts.

You can change your username (which you already did), and you can change your email address. Those are the only personal data associated with an account.

Your account will always be here for you, should you change your mind.

And please don't "bump" threads.

I don't really like the idea of the account "always being here", why am I not allowed to leave? I've lately been concerned about my personal privacy, so I would rather erase all I can that's related to me. I have received personal threats on other forums and I'm sick of it, I want to dissappear from the internet. Please consider making an exception and deleting my account if it's possible. Sorry for bumping, I just needed help.

I don't really like the idea of the account "always being here", why am I not allowed to leave? I've lately been concerned about my personal privacy, so I would rather erase all I can that's related to me. I have received personal threats on other forums and I'm sick of it, I want to dissappear from the internet. Please consider making an exception and deleting my account if it's possible. Sorry for bumping, I just needed help.
You can leave, no one is making you come back here.

It is not feasible for us to delete active accounts. Doing so does not remove your content, and that causes issues within our database. If you want to search up all your posts and remove them, that is your prerogative. We won't do it for you.

If your user name has changed, no one will know who you are. If you've received threats on this forum, please report them so that we address that.

You can leave, no one is making you come back here.

It is not feasible for us to delete active accounts. Doing so does not remove your content, and that causes issues within our database. If you want to search up all your posts and remove them, that is your prerogative. We won't do it for you.

If your user name has changed, no one will know who you are. If you've received threats on this forum, please report them so that we address that.

I know I can leave phisically, I just can't conveniently delete all my content which is annoying...
Alright, understood, but googling my previous username still gives TCF results, and clicking them even links to my new account, which sort of defeats the purpose of having changed my username. Is this normal, is it permanent?

I know I can leave phisically, I just can't conveniently delete all my content which is annoying...
Alright, understood, but googling my previous username still gives TCF results, and clicking them even links to my new account, which sort of defeats the purpose of having changed my username. Is this normal, is it permanent?
We are not responsible for what content Google has obtained from this site in the past. You would have to contact them about that. It might take a while for their information to update.

There is no convenient way for us to find and remove all of your posted content, either.

I highly doubt anyone is going to go searching for posts from "randomterrarian42" if they want to harass you. Unless you name all your accounts that.

I highly doubt anyone is going to go searching for posts from "randomterrarian42" if they want to harass you. Unless you name all your accounts that.
That's not my point. Searching my previous username gives a direct link to my new profile, so the name change to "randomterrarian" was not really that helpful. Whatever, I guess I will have to delete all my posts, one by one

That's not my point. Searching my previous username gives a direct link to my new profile, so the name change to "randomterrarian" was not really that helpful. Whatever, I guess I will have to delete all my posts, one by one
The Google search results will update. Time is of the essence. If you must, do what Tunnel King suggested and contact Google directly. Also, what could someone even possibly use to harass you (that they find on your profile)? I mean, the forum sign up sheet doesn't even request that much personal information...? :sigh:

The Google search results will update. Time is of the essence. If you must, do what Tunnel King suggested and contact Google directly. Also, what could someone even possibly use to harass you (that they find on your profile)? I mean, the forum sign up sheet doesn't even request that much personal information...? :sigh:

People who probably know me IRL (and also know my old username) have threatened me in other forums, even to the extent of abduction threats, mentioning things like my address and the names of my relatives, all by remaining anonymous of course. All they needed to contact me was that username, so now I'm trying to not leave any trace of it anywhere. Sorry if I sound paranoid, but it was a pretty bad experience. I hope I'm not annoying anybody with this posts, sorry if I did

I've read this, so now im gonna come out of the shadows

Best thing you can honestly do is ask google and other companies to remove your traces of TCF on their site, so that when you want to come back on, you can, and then you can ask them ALSO to remove added traces of you.

Or killing the people who threat you. But that's kinda illegal so yea that's not the recommended option xD

I've read this, so now im gonna come out of the shadows

Best thing you can honestly do is ask google and other companies to remove your traces of TCF on their site, so that when you want to come back on, you can, and then you can ask them ALSO to remove added traces of you.

Or killing the people who threat you. But that's kinda illegal so yea that's not the recommended option xD
This is exactly what you should do. Not the second part. The first >.<

Back
Top Bottom