Mobile How do i go back to 1.2 (iPad Mini 1)

Hey unit one i have a question. The issue i has is not just unique to me. My brother who has the same type of ipad also has the same problem. This seems more like a glitch in the update it self. Do you have a connection to the developer s?
Hi Andrew, that may be the case, but without more information it can't be looked into. And although this thread has a LOT of posts in it, it doesn't really contain all that much info.

If you look at App Store Updates, what does it say for Terraria?
  1. Open App Store on the iPad Mini 1
  2. Tap Updates at the bottom
  3. Find Terraria in that list - does it have an Update button next to it.

Ok ill take photos of everything. And ill record some more stuff about this when i get home.

Hi Andrew, that may be the case, but without more information it can't be looked into. And although this thread has a LOT of posts in it, it doesn't really contain all that much info.

If you look at App Store Updates, what does it say for Terraria?
  3. Find Terraria in that list - does it have an Update button next to it.

Ok ill take photos of everything. And ill record some more stuff about this when i get home.
For now i list what i know.
1. Me and my brother use ipad mini 1st gen
Thus we both have ios 9.3.5
2.we both have automatic updates on.most likely the update happened but it didn't downgrade either of us.
3.the app store description say the app requirements have been raised to ios 10.confirming that the update went through.

4.me and my brother both downloaded 1.3 on the day of release.
5.The update menu never gave us notification about the update or its installation after.
6.both of our devices were purchased last year.

<double post merged by moderator>

Last edited by a moderator:
When you ask, "If it [a way around "this"] is, could someone tell me how to do so?" are you asking about backing up a 1.3 world file, downgrading to 1.2, and then using that file? It's not possible. […] Without the Files App it's not possible, sadly.
Thanks for the info Unit One. Sorry that idea didn’t work, Andrew.

Question what info do you need to get started fixing this problem?
Here's what pertinent info I have. Correct me if any of it is wrong.
  • Your device is an iPad Mini 1
  • The iOS is 9.3.5
  • When you go to Terraria on the App Store you see an "Open" button (and not an "Upgrade" button)

The next step is for you to take a screenshot of Terraria in the Updates tab of the App Store.
    1571679657853.png
    1571679822795.png
  3. Find Terraria in that list - does it have an Update button next to it?

Here's what pertinent info I have. Correct me if any of it is wrong.
  • Your device is an iPad Mini 1
  • The iOS is 9.3.5
  • When you go to Terraria on the App Store you see an "Open" button (and not an "Upgrade" button)

The next step is for you to take a screenshot of Terraria in the Updates tab of the App Store.
  1. Open App Store on the iPad Mini 1 View attachment 228746
  2. Tap Updates at the bottom View attachment 228747
  3. Find Terraria in that list - does it have an Update button next to it?
This is what i see.

This is what i see.
Thats weird i cant upload the photo15717026061431569052327.jpg

It wont let me upload anything

Not even videos whats going on

Screenshot_2019-10-21-17-10-53.png

Ok this all i see in the updates folder i dont know how to find terraria in this?

Screenshot_2019-10-21-17-34-24.png

<merged all double posts into one by moderator>

This is what i see.

Thats weird i cant upload the photo15717026061431569052327.jpg

Not even videos whats going on

View attachment 228755

Ok this all i see in the updates folder i dont know how to find terraria in this?

Screenshot_2019-10-21-17-34-24.png

<merged all double posts into one by moderator>
Andrew, thanks for the pic. I’ll see what I can find out about this.

Andrew, thanks for the pic. I’ll see what I can find out about this.
Hey unit one i have an idea for the game to help other people of this problem.i was thinking what if players could upload their world data to the icloud back up without opening the game or files app. Then the back up could be used on a compatible device letting players keep their worlds in 1.3. Ios 9.0 prior had no files app preventing users from transferring progress. The 1.2 downgrade did work for some minus my situation. For those it worked for or didnt a chance to play 1.3. Could somthing like this be implemented?

Hey unit one i have an idea for the game to help other people of this problem.i was thinking what if players could upload their world data to the icloud back up without opening the game or files app. Then the back up could be used on a compatible device letting players keep their worlds in 1.3. Ios 9.0 prior had no files app preventing users from transferring progress. The 1.2 downgrade did work for some minus my situation. For those it worked for or didnt a chance to play 1.3. Could somthing like this be implemented?
Without the Files App, it seems that it would be a lot of work for something that doesn't affect a lot of people - only those that have both a non-compatible device and a compatible device. I'm not the one making decisions, but I don't think this would likely be implemented, sorry.

There's still no Update available for your device to take it back to 1.2? I haven't seen anyone else with this problem, so it's hard to tell what might be the problem. I have forwarded on your details though.

Without the Files App, it seems that it would be a lot of work for something that doesn't affect a lot of people - only those that have both a non-compatible device and a compatible device. I'm not the one making decisions, but I don't think this would likely be implemented, sorry.

There's still no Update available for your device to take it back to 1.2? I haven't seen anyone else with this problem, so it's hard to tell what might be the problem. I have forwarded on your details though.
Thx for forwarding this and no i have uet to receive an update.

Still the ability to have progress stored in the icloud back up could help people who have broken their devices say dropping it/waterlogging it ect. You cant really transfer progress should files app be inaccessible. So if the device breaks they can use the backup to upload progress to a new device.

<double post merged by moderator>

Hey unit one any updates recently on this issue? Its has been a month. Is their a solution yet? Either way. Thanks for all the feedback.
Hi there @Andrew jentrasa, sorry there’s been no more on this. I had hoped that you were able to get the downgrade to work and just hadn’t reported back.

There hasn’t been any other reports of this from anyone else so it’s an unusual case. I’d suggest contacting 505 Games (the publishers of the mobile version) directly to see if they have any insight on the situation here: Terraria (Mobile) You can link this thread to them to give them more detail and see if they have further questions from you.

Back
Top Bottom