Mac How do I make a teleporter hub with nor, or , and gates

slimcognitodude

Terrarian
I heard that you can make a teleporter hub with nor, or or and gates and I want to know how I can do that and make it so I can have unlimited destinations and I want it so it doesn't have a ton of wire and have any hoiks in it.

Here's a simple one I did while playing around with logic gates (not optimal, was really just experimenting).
Uses mostly AND gates, with a single XOR to prevent more than one destination from being selected:
upload_2016-11-18_10-12-56.png

upload_2016-11-18_10-13-26.png

The most destinations you can actually do from a single teleporter is 8 (4 color wires, 2 contact points), since you have to wire the teleporters directly to each other, and use logic gates as the "triggers". To add more destinations, you need secondary/tertiary teleporter arrays. @Jagriff has some great examples of binary teleporters that utilize this method.

EDIT: Sorry, to clarify... you can "in theory" have more than one destination for a single teleporter, but it's only feasible in one of the above secondary/tertiary arrays, because there is a heavy reliance on wire length/wire order. Jagriff's "updated" hub with 32 destinations showcases this perfectly, as he's using a single wire (blue) to link up 16 secondary teleporters to a single primary, and using state-based faulty circuits to "trigger" the teleportation.

This was a first thing that I made in 1.3.1 update, in fact this is last iteration of it:

lmQB9rT.png
Uzqw6ls.png

1. It support up to 32 destination points (never had to use all of them).
2. You can instantly teleport from main teleporter to the any of destinations.
3. You can teleport from any of destinations back to the main teleporter.

And here some brief explanation:

NQb6i8X.png

1. 8 wires that must be connected to the main teleporter (don’t send pulses on these wires manually).
2. Destination number selectors, order of these is [1, 2, 4, 8, 16].
3. Teleportation initiator, keep in mind that it must execute (4) and (5) strictly in right order (on this implementation it decided by wire length, but you can use faulty “jumper” for consistency).
4. Giant logic gate, that determine in witch temporary cabin (6) you will be teleported.
5. Giant logic gate, that determine in witch destination point (9) you will be teleported.
6. Temporary cabins. You may stuck in them if you try to teleport to unconnected location, for that case there is a safety switches that will teleport you to the main teleporter.
7. Set of jumpers that initiate teleportation from the temporary cabin to the destination.
8. This tall jumper keep track of signals on wires that goes between temporary cabin and destination. When signal is catched it initiate teleportation from the temporary cabin to the main teleporter.
9. Wires to the destination teleporters, they goes left to right in order of [R, B, G, Y].
[doublepost=1479510617,1479509126][/doublepost]Actually that solution suits only when you go bananas.
Usually in early game i do simple grid of teleporters:

LcdbpyZ.png
RR67qP5.png

It is super cheap but very effective, and it’s easy to extend.

Last edited:
I built mine using old style input system - levers and torches. No billboard display, no binary:

with wiring:

The logic part is located off screen below the base:

with wiring:

1. It support up to 24 destination points (can be extended to 32 but I don't need so many).
2. You can instantly teleport from main teleporter to the any of destinations.
3. You can teleport from any of destinations back to the main teleporter.
4. Trying to teleport to unconnected location will take you to the logic part. You can use any switch to return to the main teleporter.
5. You cannot select more than one destination. Selecting another number will reset the previous selection. The same applies to the letters.

Here's a simple one I did while playing around with logic gates (not optimal, was really just experimenting).
Uses mostly AND gates, with a single XOR to prevent more than one destination from being selected:
View attachment 148459
View attachment 148462

The most destinations you can actually do from a single teleporter is 8 (4 color wires, 2 contact points), since you have to wire the teleporters directly to each other, and use logic gates as the "triggers". To add more destinations, you need secondary/tertiary teleporter arrays. @Jagriff has some great examples of binary teleporters that utilize this method.

EDIT: Sorry, to clarify... you can "in theory" have more than one destination for a single teleporter, but it's only feasible in one of the above secondary/tertiary arrays, because there is a heavy reliance on wire length/wire order. Jagriff's "updated" hub with 32 destinations showcases this perfectly, as he's using a single wire (blue) to link up 16 secondary teleporters to a single primary, and using state-based faulty circuits to "trigger" the teleportation.

I just made this on my test map but while it works it's a bit messed up. Could be my wiring but I'm pretty sure I did it correctly.
Thing is, with the 5th switch from the left at the number two it takes me to the first teleporter (aka the red from the wires positioned at number 9). In order to get to the second teleporter (blue from the same bunch of wires) I need to use both the fifth switch as before plus the first one. For the third teleporter (green wire) it's the fifth switch and the second one and for the forth teleporter (yellow wire) it's the first switch plus the second switch plus the fifth switch.

I'd appreciate some help, and if you people don't understand I'll upload some screenshots if you think they'll help.

EDIT: I managed to fix it. Don't ask me how, I just redid 3 pieces of red wire. I have no idea how I managed to mess up a one-colour wire setup with just 3 pieces.

What's weird, even if it's working (I tried the first 12 teleporters, didn't do all 32) is that it starts with 0 (aka all switches on off mode). Is there a way to avoid that without redoing the whole thing? it'd be easier to remember that the binary set to 1 will get me to the first teleporter, compared to the binary set to 0 will take me to the first teleporter :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom