Casual How Do You Ask Your Restaurant Cost?

SteveisNoob

Pixel Pirate
This is my first casual thread. Title may not be clear(because of my English), so I will try and explain a bit.

You went a restaurant(a lux one, rich men's place) and had a good meal. Then you called the waiter and asked him how much all your meal. So, how do you ask the waiter?

So, thanks for all your replies!

Edit: I forgot to add, you also have 20.000 USD monthly salary, so you are able to pay any cost :) (we're just imagining ;) )

Last edited:
I would check the prices in the menu before ordering...
Yep, pretty much this. Restaurants in Australia have prices printed on the menu or on signboards, so you have a rough idea how much it will cost all up. Or you may have to prepay, depending on the venue.

Unless you're at a company function or something... but in that case, the company is paying for it, so you don't worry about the cost. :)

But I personally wouldn't order stuff without knowing the cost beforehand, and then ask for a bill at the end. I'm not that kind of person. If pricing wasn't available, I wouldn't be eating there.

Very expensive restaurants often show no prices on the menus, the principle being "if you have to ask you can't afford it."

When you host a group at that kind of restaurant, it's assumed that you aren't concerned with the cost of the meal — presumably because the business or social value of the meeting is expected to be substantially greater than what you spent on it. It might be helpful to think of the cost as an investment rather than an expenditure.

So the answer to the OP's question is: you don't ask. You learn the answer when you pay the bill.

Back
Top Bottom