PS4 How do you deal with coin despawns with AFK farms?

Chuggs Gaming

Duke Fishron
So I've labored intensely along with my son and daughter (one sitting on each side of me) to obtain the pick saw.

I'm blessed with really good RNG for the most part (think positively and positive things will happen)

I discovered a way to break into the Lizahrd temple. So after collecting about 15 power cells from 3 temples I began to challenge Golem repeatedly. After 12 battles I secured all of his possible drops and took with me 400 or so lizahrd blocks.

Now, I've made my way to the ocean biome and constructed an AFK farm using the slime staff and lucky coin. Not unusual.

However, I'm not overly impressed with the efficiency. If I remain partially AFK, I can collect roughly 50-60 plat in 45 minutes. And this means I regularly delete several full stacks of glow sticks, tons of space hogging pirate maps etc.

But last night I took my family to dinner. So before we left I set up the farm. By the time we got ready, left, ate and came home 3 hours had passed and I was expecting a load of coins.

What I found when I came home was a whopping 23 plat. And a pile of maps, glow sticks, ink and jelly fish necklaces laying beneath me as the slime was still pummeling arapaimas as the coins apparently despawned.

Anyone have any creative ideas to get around this?

I was thinking of constructing the same setup elsewhere. (In an actual jungle biome). Not in the ocean biome. But I'm not totally sure if I can farm arapaimas and not attract the ocean creatures. And not technically be in an ocean biome. Yet still have enough water to spawn enough jungle creatures to have an efficient AFK farm.

So I've labored intensely along with my son and daughter (one sitting on each side of me) to obtain the pick saw.

I'm blessed with really good RNG for the most part (think positively and positive things will happen)

I discovered a way to break into the Lizahrd temple. So after collecting about 15 power cells from 3 temples I began to challenge Golem repeatedly. After 12 battles I secured all of his possible drops and took with me 400 or so lizahrd blocks.

Now, I've made my way to the ocean biome and constructed an AFK farm using the slime staff and lucky coin. Not unusual.

However, I'm not overly impressed with the efficiency. If I remain partially AFK, I can collect roughly 50-60 plat in 45 minutes. And this means I regularly delete several full stacks of glow sticks, tons of space hogging pirate maps etc.

But last night I took my family to dinner. So before we left I set up the farm. By the time we got ready, left, ate and came home 3 hours had passed and I was expecting a load of coins.

What I found when I came home was a whopping 23 plat. And a pile of maps, glow sticks, ink and jelly fish necklaces laying beneath me as the slime was still pummeling arapaimas as the coins apparently despawned.

Anyone have any creative ideas to get around this?

I was thinking of constructing the same setup elsewhere. (In an actual jungle biome). Not in the ocean biome. But I'm not totally sure if I can farm arapaimas and not attract the ocean creatures. And not technically be in an ocean biome. Yet still have enough water to spawn enough jungle creatures to have an efficient AFK farm.
You might want to look into HOIKs to have it push the coins towards your character. But without an actual image of your farm I can't really analyze it for you.

Here's what I'm working with.

Also, I was thinking about my original post and your response.

The main problem I have is that my inventory becomes full quickly. And then there are so many items on screen that it seems to be interfering with coin drops.

Is that right? Do the oldest items despawn first? Or is it random? Or do new items stop dropping once the on screen item limit is reached?

Attachments

• IMG_5327.PNG
    IMG_5327.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Here's what I'm working with.

Also, I was thinking about my original post and your response.

The main problem I have is that my inventory becomes full quickly. And then there are so many items on screen that it seems to be interfering with coin drops.

Is that right? Do the oldest items despawn first? Or is it random? Or do new items stop dropping once the on screen item limit is reached?
Oldest items should despawn first but console might not be coded right. You could still set up HOIKs to move the unwanted items into a lava pool.

The problem I had with that type of farm is that not all the coins are dropped within pickup range, so they fall onto the platforms and eventually despawn.

The tactic I switched to was to have the mobs die above me so that gravity would ensure I'd get every drop (inventory space allowing). I should point out here that I'm powering the traps myself by being hoiked back and forth over two pressure plates, but the PS4 video capture doesn't show that, so it looks like I'm not moving.

Here a video of the ocean farm:

Also, for pure coin farming, I used my "twin rail" farm method in the temple, as the mobs there can take a lot of hits. The video is below; I started off with a strong set of minions to show how it can be used to farm items instead of money.

try hammering the blocks you stand on to decrease the distance between you and the drops/coins
The problem I had with that type of farm is that not all the coins are dropped within pickup range, so they fall onto the platforms and eventually despawn.

The tactic I switched to was to have the mobs die above me so that gravity would ensure I'd get every drop (inventory space allowing). I should point out here that I'm powering the traps myself by being hoiked back and forth over two pressure plates, but the PS4 video capture doesn't show that, so it looks like I'm not moving.

Here a video of the ocean farm:

Also, for pure coin farming, I used my "twin rail" farm method in the temple, as the mobs there can take a lot of hits. The video is below; I started off with a strong set of minions to show how it can be used to farm items instead of money.

Nice. Thank you. Both of those traps are pretty slick. What's your average plat/hour?
[doublepost=1493858381,1493858365][/doublepost]
try hammering the blocks you stand on to decrease the distance between you and the drops/coins
That's a good idea too. Thanks

Not really checked, as I've got more money than I can spend thanks to my truffle worm and ectoplasm farms (~280 worms p/h, ~4,500 ectoplasm p/h).

If I had to guess, I'd say the temple farm gets me around 30-50 platinum p/h.
Have you posted either of those farms online? I'd like to check em out.

I saw a truffle worm farm using HOIKS I was going to duplicate simply because they're a pain to get.

Back
Top Bottom