How do you explain Terraria to other people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoticCharm

Terrarian
I found myself using different explanations when telling people about this game. Something I realized is that having a game that others a little bit of everything is actually harder to describe. Many people get a sense of quantity over quality meaning that the game doesn't really excel in anything. Other times I would mention one aspect of the game more often than others and it confuses people. For example, I would tell people about the adventure aspect and they liked it, but then I would tell them about the building aspect and they would say "oh, I'm not big into building-type games" or "I can never think of what to build, so I don't know if that game is for me". Of course, I'm sure many people have used the general "It's like Minecraft" explanation before just for ease.

What about you? How do you describe this game to people who know nothing about it?

I'ts just the best game ever, if you're interested, BUY IT OR DIE!
I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T LIKE, JUST SUPPORT THAT DELICIOUS GAME
*And in the end, they love the game*

2D adventure/sandbox game. If they don't understand that then they don't deserve to play it.

I tell them it's packed with adventure, amazing weapons, more building than Minecraft, and I tell them it's pure awesome. I tell them it is the best game. They eventually get the game. :)

"Well this game is like, well Minecraft... But less boring, has actual challenging enemies, actual bosses, actual fun, actual not annoying rain, actual not grinding, actual pvp, not overhyped yet deserves so much more love, actual progression, actual community other than just millions of little 7 year olds that cry about everything, and anything else you would want in a game."

I often say it's like a mixture of Mario, Metroidvania, some Minecraft, and a whole lot of awesome.
Saying this game is at all like minecraft is known to start an internet flamewar ;p.

I just call it a 2D builder among people who don't understand gaming at all. It's far less complicated that way. Mixed in with a bit of combat, exploration, and packratting. ...what? I love making elaborate storages.

I just say that it's 2D Minecraft but with more RPG elements and bosses. Usually people get interested when I later tell them that the character you create looks like a retro Final Fantasy sprite

ill say "it kinda like mine craft, but better sprites and 2d, also many more bosses and way better items" and they will be like" that just sounds like a mine craft ripoff" and if they say that i will just walk away

Typically, I say it's a 2d version of minecraft but focused more on the exploration/battle side of things. That's not to say it isn't a VERY nice builder too. I mean... WE HAVE PAINTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom