How do you feel about the constant delays and disappointments from Re-Logic?

just want enough content in the next big update that would sustain a playthrough that feels new.

A new game or sequel would accomplish this though. I'd much rather they move on to different projects rather than just pumping out content for the same game over and over.

I'm disappointed to see that the spoilers for "1.4" haven't had anything to do with content that relates to game progression, i.e, after Moon Lord or throughout the current game (making pre-Hardmode and pre-Plantera longer).

I just want enough content in the next big update that would sustain a playthrough that feels new. At the moment, after what, 2.5 years, I feel a disappointed that all they've shown seems to be small tweaks to the experience of the game, nothing that big yet.
Old ones army? Late game challenge? If they would make more content, it would have to be post cultist/towers. Never said nothing past those would neverbe added.

Old ones army? Late game challenge? If they would make more content, it would have to be post cultist/towers. Never said nothing past those would neverbe added.
What?
A new game or sequel would accomplish this though. I'd much rather they move on to different projects rather than just pumping out content for the same game over and over.
I personally wouldn't. The amount of time it would take to make that over an update would be at least twofold and Terraria has a great base to work on anyway.
I'm happy as can be that they aren't following your mantra. Terraria needs balancing and padding, not more huge content updates. And especially not post-Moonlord content.
Of course it needs balancing and padding, but that can be added alongside content updates, but post-Moonlord content should be added. Playing the same game over and over gets stale after years, hence why many have moved on to other games.

I personally wouldn't. The amount of time it would take to make that over an update would be at least twofold and Terraria has a great base to work on anyway.

The issue is EVENTUALLY Relogic needs to pump out more games. Only free updates for one game is extremely unhealthy and dangerous for the longevity of Relogic. So after they finish the 1.3.6 update and their planned 1.4 update. It's best they move on to different projects. (Although I would be surprised if their next game and the update isn't being developed simultaneously)

All in my own opinion of course. If you feel like they should keep content patching and not focus on balancing or obtaining revenue to sustain their company for years and years to come then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

The issue is EVENTUALLY Relogic needs to pump out more games. Only free updates for one game is extremely unhealthy and dangerous for the longevity of Relogic. So after they finish the 1.3.6 update and their planned 1.4 update. It's best they move on to different projects. (Although I would be surprised if their next game and the update isn't being developed simultaneously)

All in my own opinion of course. If you feel like they should keep content patching and not focus on balancing or obtaining revenue to sustain their company for years and years to come then we'll just have to agree to disagree.
I agree with your first point, but I don't think I want to see a Terraria 2.
@Quontanium Balancing whilst implementing massive content packs is like performing surgery in a sewer. You'll just do more damage for everything you fix.
That isn't true. That is only if they :red: it up bad.

I see valid points to everything in the thread. I just hope we get a second game tbh. Development of an entirely new project would basically help address the issues with the game and pad it out quite a bit, while at the same time giving people more :red: to do.

That said, as far as the base game is concerned, ML is a fitting ending. From now until the next game, they should focus on building terraria out, not up (QOL changes, bugfixes, mini biomes and structures, more minor and major events, new enemies at all stages of progression, more NPCs and refining shops, smoothing the progression curve, reducing grinding, addressing issues such as renewability and alternatives).

Back
Top Bottom