How do you like the weapon update?

Noobly Cream

Official Terrarian
They really did improvements on melee weapons to make them cooler, yeah
But tbh they could've done better like, uh, upgrading magic/archery weapons as well.

The purpose of the "weapon update" (which I believe is 1.4.4.9) was to adjust the sprites of weapons that have changed in scale, as they looks blurry and uglier if pixels changes in scale sizes.
Since melee weapons were the only weapons that really change in scales, then mostly these have changed.

I love all the balance changes they made in 1.4.4, it helped breathe new life into some forgoten weapons. Melee was really :red:ing desperate for an overhaul since that class was filled with interchangable trash weapons. But the buffs have helped smooth out Melee's progression and given it some flashy and fun toys, particularly the revamped Terra Blade which is quickly becoming one of my favourites. Summoner got some love too; more reliable Minion A.I. overall and light nerfs to the borderline OP stuff like Blade/Sanguine is great.

I guess it's disappointing they didn't give the same treatment to Ranger and Mage, but I think those two were in a good place anyway. Mage is flashy by nature and Ranger has always been easy mode (still is to be fair) so it's fine.

I love all the balance changes they made in 1.4.4, it helped breathe new life into some forgoten weapons. Melee was really :red:ing desperate for an overhaul since that class was filled with interchangable trash weapons. But the buffs have helped smooth out Melee's progression and given it some flashy and fun toys, particularly the revamped Terra Blade which is quickly becoming one of my favourites. Summoner got some love too; more reliable Minion A.I. overall and light nerfs to the borderline OP stuff like Blade/Sanguine is great.

I guess it's disappointing they didn't give the same treatment to Ranger and Mage, but I think those two were in a good place anyway. Mage is flashy by nature and Ranger has always been easy mode (still is to be fair) so it's fine.
I agree that, yep, the melee class has been balanced and some forgotten melee weapons are brought back.
The update Terrablade got was definitely SMASHING, making the blade more useful, more fatal and cooler.
And as someone prefers mage/magic class, I was like "bruh" after realizing there are nearly no updates for magic weapons (FX) except some balancing.
The purpose of the "weapon update" (which I believe is 1.4.4.9) was to adjust the sprites of weapons that have changed in scale, as they look blurry and uglier if pixels change in scale sizes.
Since melee weapons were the only weapons that really change in scales, then mostly these have changed.
If I recalled correctly, the weapon update came out with "The Labor of Love" update.
The update also added some cool effects to some melee weapons while using, you can go try it out! (And there is some balancing in the update too.)

I kind of miss stacking the old terra blade’s projectiles while flying, but other than that the new weapon upgrades look and feel awesome to use

Magic and ranged don't need more visual effects, if anything I welcome a reduction in visual noise. Out of all the balance changes for weapons in 1.4.4, I welcome almost all of them. What I dislike is that the razorblade typhoon got dumpstered despite simultaneously being made much harder to get as Duke Fishron got some huge buffs. The razorblade typhoon is the coolest weapon in the game so it's a real shame to see it get a double whammy of big nerfs to both strength and availability.

Back
Top Bottom