How do you organize your chestroom?

in terraria are you rather tidy or messy??? o_O'

• i'm the tidiest guy ever! trust me, i'll tech the the way to do it son

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • i'm messy as hell i can't even tidy my coins properly help me

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters
typically, i have the first floor of my house as a crafting room, so I put chests 1 tile under the floor and name it in order from left to right:

Random Natural (Blocks, cobwebs ect.) Random Unnatural (Chests, Chains, manmade building resorces) Mining (Bars and Ore) Mob Loot (Self explanatory...) Gems (Includes Obsidian and some modded stuff for me)

My second floor is often my potions and accessories floor. 2 tiles down from the ceiling, on the left side of the floor, I place platforms then chests labeled:
Potions (...) Potion Materials (this means anything you could use to make a potion that is useful to you. like armored cavefish and prismite)

I also like to have a sink near by... for water. Also my alchemy table goes off to the side

To the right, same process:
Weapons (...) Accessories (...)

Directly beneath it I put my Tinkerers workshop

Third floor doesn't have storage for me, Its often my "Bedroom" where I set my spawn.

Tools/weapons, Paint/Engineering, Armor, Accessories, Fishing, Farming, Potions, Materials, Blocks, Background blocks. Later in game, you gotta have a bigger warehouse with at least 3 of each chest...

My main chest room.

52gtpk.jpg
[/IMG]
52gtpk.jpg
[/IMG]
z1u6x.jpg

My weapon room.

2uxuvkm.jpg

My room for tools and other usefull stuff.

4gvly.jpg

My accessory room.

166d4ap.jpg

As you can see there are still a lot of chests and other things missing but I'll add them as I progress through the game and need more storage space.
I also do not keep armor and vanity items in chests but display them in a huge room on mannequins altough I haven't started actively adding new sets to the room yet.

Maybe a bit to much storage space for the average player but I hoard everything I come across so I will deffinetly need it.

Last edited:
I just place a lot of chests in a room and label them when I need to put similar items away. No rhyme of reason as to how those labels are thrown around, a "blocks" chest might be in the top right corner one playthrough, and the bottom center the next.

This is how I started organizing my chest's after i started running into some trouble with my previous chest system. (Was 3 chest's put together.) I then google'd to see if any better chest system's were made, then i saw this guide on this forum (https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/simple-chest-organization-system.27567/) and started thinking how I would change it to suit my needs. I then decided that the smart way to go was to make sub-categories for each type of main category.

(I'm still making the sub-categories, i don't have enough chests :()

*Categories:
*Weapons:
-Ranged
-Melee
-Magic
-Shields
-Throwing

*Armor:
-Accessories
-Helm
-Chest
-Leggings