PC How do you plan to find new content in 1.3? (No spoilers)

How will you find new content in 1.3?

• A new character in new worlds

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • An existing character in new worlds

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • An existing character in existing worlds

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Informal discussion (forums, friends, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reading the changelog / patch notes

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • List everything from the Wiki

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • As many sources as possible!

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be using an old character, but with downgraded gear, and play a new world on expert. I would really love to play with a new one, but right now i don't have time.

I'm going to make a new character and a new world for Expert Mode, maybe another new character for a new normal world later on.

Alyssa, my most advanced character, hasn't yet fought Plantera. I've nearly finished her base, organized all the storage, and so forth, but not quite. The Crimson and Hallow on her hardmode world are both perfectly contained, and there are fishing huts in every useful biome. I can't very well abandon all that.

But I don't want to take a Terra Blade, Flame Wings, Chlorophyte and Turtle Armor, and so forth into a brand new world either.

Best compromise, I figure, is to keep what I have but also make a look-alike for one of my mobile characters and put her into a new world. A brand new character but a somewhat experienced player, if you see what I mean. Ought to progress pretty fast, as far as I've made it so far in other worlds at least.

I'll try to resist the temptation to fly to the wiki before puzzling things out a little… but probably won't be able to for long.

Alyssa, my most advanced character, hasn't yet fought Plantera. I've nearly finished her base, organized all the storage, and so forth, but not quite. The Crimson and Hallow on her hardmode world are both perfectly contained, and there are fishing huts in every useful biome. I can't very well abandon all that.
This was my reluctance as well. My character, "Player", has spent hours building a base and levelling out a world, which has one of each biome, all contained. Plus fishing, rest places, arenas and so on. I stopped building it up after some of the new 1.3 content was listed on the Wiki. (Although I'm avoiding the release notes and Wiki for now, I have looked at spoilers prior.) I figured there wasn't much point continuing to build it if 1.3 introduced new content that I'd need a new world for.

But I do look forward to rebuilding it and improving upon it! There are a few things I want to change that would take too long to implement in the existing castle because they'd alter the entire structure.

Starting with my main character on a new world, and after I've gotten a bit used to everything, a completely new character with my usual vanity items and pet in another new world.

I purchased Terraria from GOG, so I came 'pre-loaded' with 1.2.4.1. It's amazing to think some of the things I take for granted were only recently introduced. I definitely look forward to 1.3 and exploring a possibly big new world. :)
Could you elaborate? I am really confused about what you are saying.

Back on topic, I would start a new character with a new world! Usually I would read the changelog and watch videos, but this time is all me!

Could you elaborate? I am really confused about what you are saying.
I haven't gone through a Terraria update yet. So things that I thought always existed - e.g. fishing, hardmode, the Crimson - are actually more recently added in updates.

I haven't gone through a Terraria update yet. So things that I thought always existed - e.g. fishing, hardmode, the Crimson - are actually more recently added in updates.
1.2 Came out over a year ago, and 1.1 around 4 years ago, not all that recent. But I do understand where you are coming from.

i want to play on expert mode but i feel im not really an expert yet, i struggle on normal to bet the harder bosses for sure. Especially the wave bases bosses

Explore with a new char and expert world, and when I'm bored, I watch the chat go full of achievements with my already finished Playthrough character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom