how do you pronounce 'cthulhu'

Humans don't have the mouth parts to do so. So its pretty much unfeasible to use anything other than kuh-thoo-loo.

In b4 this thread is just another make random pronunciations thread until a mod locks it.

Last edited:
Like this (CA)-(THU)-(THU)
[doublepost=1492641313,1492641279][/doublepost]Or like this (21)

Humans don't have the mouth parts to do so. So its pretty much unfeasible to use anything other than kuh-thoo-loo.

In b4 this thread is just another make random pronunciations thread until a mod locks it.
Someone that actually has done two minutes of research into H.P. Lovecraft! I can already tell I like you.

The eldritch language is far too complex for any human to properly grasp an understanding of, let alone speak it. So we just kinda roll with the whole "Kuh-Thu-Lu" thing.

For some reason I used to pronounce it Chut-choo-loo :D

But wait, where's the syllable boundaries, because I thought afterwards it was kt-hull-hoo

So does this mean its another one of those words with same spellings and different sounds, like to "project" an image and to create a "project" or like "read" like reed or "read" like red?

^ Necroed! :p
Keh-thoo-loo for me.

So does this mean its another one of those words with same spellings and different sounds, like to "project" an image and to create a "project" or like "read" like reed or "read" like red?
Not quite. As Hie mentioned previously, "Cthulu" was intended to be a word that cannot be pronounced. Variations on pronouncing it come down to differences people make when trying to pronounce it.

Dear god I didn't even think that people who didn't use the first option existed!
That second option has to violate some sort of law...
and that third one is just...WHERE DOES ANYONE GET 'WHO' SOUNDS FROM CTHULHU?!

Dear god I didn't even think that people who didn't use the first option existed!
That second option has to violate some sort of law...
and that third one is just...WHERE DOES ANYONE GET 'WHO' SOUNDS FROM CTHULHU?!
I usually use the first but the third looked like it would be another way of saying it.

Back
Top Bottom