How i could upgrade this ?

enroK

Terrarian
So i just freshly started building a house but ofcourse i dont want simple block house, i was experimenting a little bit and this is what i got, its just beginning and unfinished building, but could i add something more to make it look even more better? Any suggestions,criticism?

The window part on the left is 3 tiles wide; the one on the right is 2. /OCD
Anyway, I'd have some ideas, sure, but it'd be hard to write down all the stuff floating in my head, and besides, you should give it a go yourself! You might surprise yourself.

The window part on the left is 3 tiles wide; the one on the right is 2. /OCD
Anyway, I'd have some ideas, sure, but it'd be hard to write down all the stuff floating in my head, and besides, you should give it a go yourself! You might surprise yourself.

Damn :merchantsigh:how did i made such stupid mistakes, i'll gonna rebuild it, but thats fine, maybe a new idea will come up

Damn :merchantsigh:how did i made such stupid mistakes, i'll gonna rebuild it, but thats fine, maybe a new idea will come up
It's not that bad. You just have to add one extra row of boreal wood walls on the left side OR add one extra row of glass on the right side.

A big thing with builds that i do, if i want to mirror both sides i make something off to the side/bottom that visually shows me blocks (i started actual builds on mobile so no guide tools) it also helps me count via map on really big builds. That way i can easily keep myself mirrored. Design one side and the mirror it using your guide. (That way you don't have huge rebuilds to reline the build)

Edit: adding example
20180923_134455.png

You can see some of it on the bottom, the dungeon bricks are my grid and the (think it was stone slab) fills in the gaps. You simply count through them to easily mirror everything. And i even kept it as part of the build for a less plain look.

Last edited:
Painting will add some really nice touches. You can also mix a couple different wood styles and paint it the same color for uniformity if t looks better that way

You can also try experimenting with Ebonstone and pearl stone blocks. They go really well together. Try lead fence as well for bridges.

Chains and railroad tracks (for big chains) can produce some awesome effects.

Back
Top Bottom