How many of you people play expert mode Terraria?

Most fun I've had in this game was playing Hardcore Expert (See videos below)

I play Expert Mode in most of my Worlds and Playthroughs for the most part. I've played Terraria for a long time and am familiar with how a lot of the monsters behave. And Expert Mode spices up the Monsters and Bosses making them a challenge again since they feel like jelly on Normal Mode.

I will sometimes do Normal Mode if I just want to take it easy, and the Moon Lord is the main boss I still do struggle with even in Normal Mode. But, overall Expert Mode is the main way I play Terraria overall. I like the sense of satisfaction I get from fighting difficult enemies and enemies that have lots of Health.

Most fun I've had in this game was playing Hardcore Expert (See videos below)
._. 1.3 enemies in Terraria in expert mode makes them more vicious and I love that... To me.. I prefer my enemies tough or more unique. I find the spectral guardians in the console version perfect replacement design enemies for 1.3.3 expert mode. I want the enemies to be more intemidating in expert mode though. :(

I played expert mode for a bit before I realized its boring and I don't have to prove anything to any of you. Beat the eye and eater.

I only play Expert mode for throwaway worlds that I use for exploring and collecting materials. The extra drops (and higher chance of drops) are useful for getting a bit of extra loot along with whatever else I'm farming. My main worlds predate 1.3 or are worlds where I've set up a permanent base, so they're not Expert.

I do have two Expert worlds (Corruption and Crimson) for doing a proper playthrough. But I struggled with EoC and it kind of killed the enthusiasm to keep going. I don't really have the time or interest to keep going with a proper playthrough. I prefer exploring, collecting and building.

I only play Expert mode for throwaway worlds that I use for exploring and collecting materials. The extra drops (and higher chance of drops) are useful for getting a bit of extra loot along with whatever else I'm farming. My main worlds predate 1.3 or are worlds where I've set up a permanent base, so they're not Expert.

I do have two Expert worlds (Corruption and Crimson) for doing a proper playthrough. But I struggled with EoC and it kind of killed the enthusiasm to keep going. I don't really have the time or interest to keep going with a proper playthrough. I prefer exploring, collecting and building.
I only play expert mode for the challange and getting my true money's worth.

Always, unless I'm doing a summoner playthrough, Normal mode is pretty easy for most classes.

Well, I recently got myself to play through expert mode as a ranger. What annoys me is that the most difficult part of it is the very beginning, since everything kills you in just a few hits. I really think this keeps a lot of people from bothering with expert mode, since they get frustrated because the hardest part of expert mode is right at the start.
Enemies later in the game can kill you just as fast as those at the start, but later on, it is also much easier to keep them at a distance and kill them without taking a hit.

I struggled more with starting my character and getting my first gear than I did with literally any of the bosses (yes, that includes the Moon Lord).

The only boss that needed more than one planned attempt was the Moon Lord, who was down on the second try.
I heard many people say that expert EoW or expert Skeletron are really damn hard, but I think that's only because most people simply didn't bother preparing properly for the fight and tried it with the same gear that they used to kill them non-expert. If enemies don't pull punches on expert, why should I?;)

But overall, expert mode is only really a great change pre-HM. The changes in HM feel rather insignificant in comparison.

After completing it, I have to say, I prefer the relaxed play of normal mode, but now everything in there feels like a pushover... :sigh: well, except for Golem... that guy is always a pushover, be it expert or not.

I don't know about expert mode, I would play it more if the enemies got an armor increase instead of a health increase (like the players do), otherwise it isn't any harder, it just stalls their death from happening. The influence can be felt in normal mode quite a bit, the end-game weapons and moon lord have a significantly higher curve in power compared to the rest of the progression. I really only want to play on a map with that difficulty if its co-op.

I'm pretty sure all but one of my permanent worlds are set to Expert.

As for fresh playthroughs (which I don't do very often), I did one on Expert once. It was brutal.
Pretty sure I took down Eater of Worlds first, but only after getting my hands on some Meteor armor and a Space Gun.

I tried playing through expert mode. Despite the 700 hours I put into the game, I'm not good enough for expert mode

I tried playing through expert mode. Despite the 700 hours I put into the game, I'm not good enough for expert mode
This sounds like you on expert mode:
[doublepost=1475711823,1475711789][/doublepost]That's totally me, expect I know I can do it... Hardmode is extra hard like Skeletron Prime's boner!
[doublepost=1475711855][/doublepost]
I played through expert mode.
Was it hell for you? :3

Not really play on expect... I do have expert worlds, but very few. I only use the expert world for things that are not already in a normal world. It is challenging, yes, but I don't really play this game for the challenge. I am a builder, and that is what I enjoy most of the game. So expert mode has no benefit to play. Reason is, I have enough annoyances in normal while building. I don't mind a simple fight of mobs, however when that is all I ever would do; it becomes stale for obvious reasons.

Just glad I have an end game character to build with and use for those loot bags from bosses in expert. Well good for the earlier bosses. You won't find me playing a play through on expert from the beginning. I have already tried that, and didn't really get much enjoyment out of it. Just not my thing. :dryadindifferent:

Not really play on expect... I do have expert worlds, but very few. I only use the expert world for things that are not already in a normal world. It is challenging, yes, but I don't really play this game for the challenge. I am a builder, and that is what I enjoy most of the game. So expert mode has no benefit to play. Reason is, I have enough annoyances in normal while building. I don't mind a simple fight of mobs, however when that is all I ever would do; it becomes stale for obvious reasons.

Just glad I have an end game character to build with and use for those loot bags from bosses in expert. Well good for the earlier bosses. You won't find me playing a play through on expert from the beginning. I have already tried that, and didn't really get much enjoyment out of it. Just not my thing. :dryadindifferent:
._. Wow, that's underwhelming, I played from the start in expert mode, no regrets. I regret fighting :red: Fishron though... Is that the name of that fish boss?

I am not sure, but I want exclusive enemy variants for expert mode like they are truely terrifying... Something that totally makes them menacing and not easy...

Back
Top Bottom