Serious How my depression story started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorMortar

Terrarian
I think I‘ll start explaining why my depression really started.
It was March 2020, I was in quarantine and my friend lived in the same apartment. He was my neighbour, and we were playing some Minecraft. I then got bored, and became interested in Terraria. For some reason he criticised me for playing Terraria, and started bragging about him being the best or something. This lead me to realise how toxic the Minecraft community really is, and so I refused to play any more Minecraft. His harsh opinions and the way 2020 had been going downhill made me upset and lonely, so I calmly told him that I needed some alone time because I was feeling down. Then he starts spreading rumours about me faking depression, and mocks me in front of my class for it. He called me an “psychopathic idiot”, even though my grades are 5 times better than his, and expects me to forgive him? He blames it all on me, dragged all my remaining friends away, and somehow everyone is on his side. And he still considers me a friend? Jokes on him, I’m never going to forgive that piece of :red:. When 2021 hit, I had some problems with another friend that involved ‘him’. ‘Other friend’ was also with ‘Him’, so ‘He’ got involved, blamed everything on me once again, lied to everyone, and when ‘He’ left, me and ‘Other friend‘ got things sorted out. I contacted my previous best friend, which was dragged away from me by ‘Him’. My best friend blaming me for what ‘Him’ had done? That stupid sack of crap. Eventually me and ‘Him’ consulted the school counsellor, and ‘He’ lied. Again. I had enough of his gossips and lies, so I attacked him outside his apartment. I never wanted to see that :red: again and his actions have literally lead me to wishing him death.
This was very painful to talk about. Please send feedback on my story because many hard times have went into this suffering.

This had a big impact on my social life too. I was rejected my everyone, and all I needed was a place to stick to. I began searching for months hoping to find a community that was less toxic than Minecraft’s, and now I’m here. I’ve hidden my depression for a very long time now, and I can finally let it all out.

That bastard really did all of that just because you got interested in Terraria? What the :red:?! Terraria is easily as fun if not more fun than Minecraft, and both are awesome games! He didn't have to be a :red: just cuz you liked a game that he didn't like. Thats guy must have some mental defect or brain damage cuz he really acted :red:ed.
I don't like those kinds of people, and they shouldn't exist on this earth.
I completely understand why you attacked him and such, I would have done the same thing bud.

He recently did just quit Minecraft and all he plays now is Adopt Me and some crappy mobile games. After he quit I saw how much more fun Minecraft was without a toxic :red: in the game. The best he did while playing with me was blow up a castle I built in a survival world that I worked 3 weeks on.

Last edited:
Honestly considering how fast your entire friend group rallied to his side it sounds like it was all kind of toxic without you realizing it. I however may be out of line here so please tell me if I am.
Don’t worry, I found out that none of them really care about me, even though I did everything for them. After that I gave up having friends.

That bastard really did all of that just because you got interested in Terraria? What the :red:?! Terraria is easily as fun if not more fun than Minecraft, and both are awesome games! He didn't have to be a :red: just cuz you liked a game that he didn't like. Thats guy must have some mental defect or brain damage cuz he really acted :red:ed.
I don't like those kinds of people, and they shouldn't exist on this earth.
I completely understand why you attacked him and such, I would have done the same thing bud.
I find no entertainment in terraria aanymore

I... don't really know what to say.

The fact that someone would go to such limits just to make your life a living hell, simply because you liked a different game then he did, is incredibly messed up.

I remember a while ago back when I was young, I was in the YMCA. A group of kids that were older then me hated Terraria for some reason, and bullied because I liked it. Though I haven't had problems with bullies in a long time, I remember that was the last time I was bullied to any major extent. I don't think it had a lasting effect on me, but I understand how you feel and how unreasonable that kind of thing is.

I hope you get better, and find people who actually care about you.

As for him...

Well, let's just say he'll enjoy a special place in hell.

Well, this is kinda relatable to me... except I'm not in it. General advice is that if you see things like that again, ignore it. Leave it. Don't let it develop. Friendship is as fragile as it can be, and the best way to get out of such people is to not to talk. Anyways... I have once seen the exact same thing, except it didn't happen to me, it happened to a different group of people, and that's when I realized that people can do that... Just, be careful.
Also, Terraria forums indeed aren't toxic, but I don't think that will stay for long once more people starts coming in. Thankfully the forum is small so the Admins and mods can do their job properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom