3DS How often does Terraria crash for you?

How often does Terraria crash for you?

• Once a week on average (Single Player)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once a week on average (Multiplayer)

• Once or twice a day on average (Multiplayer)

• Total voters

MemoryVoid

Skeletron
Since there have been numerous reports of Terraria crashing for people on 3ds and everybody has been having mixed experiences, the developers (@Deanzor) would like to know how often the game crashes for you.

You can make up to two votes if you want, preferably one vote for single player gameplay and one vote for if you play on multiplayer (idea came from @Termina Moon). If you only play on single player or only play on multiplayer, then please just cast only one vote.

Of course, everyone's play sessions may be different to others; a weeks worth of gameplay for one person might only be an hour, while a days worth of gameplay for another person could be 8 hours. So if you feel that you want to give us more specific details about your crashes, just comment how long you usually play for and how often the game crashes for you. Vote for the options which you feel is most appropriate for you even if it isn't entirely accurate. Please stay on topic and don't derail on to other discussions too much so we can follow the details of everyone's experiences easily. Other suggestions would be nice too.

Last edited:
I can only play singleplayer so obviously there's no point in voting twice.
You can still just vote for only one option, it's "up to" two votes, you don't have to vote exactly twice if you don't want to. I have edited my post a bit to clarify it a bit better for others

Sadly my 3DS has been broken for quite a while so I haven't been able to play Terraria on 3DS. Should I vote based on my past experience or would that be invalid since there have been updates since I last played?

Since there have been numerous reports of Terraria crashing for people on 3ds and everybody has been having mixed experiences, the developers (@Deanzor) would like to know how often the game crashes for you.

You can make up to two votes if you want, preferably one vote for single player gameplay and one vote for if you play on multiplayer (idea came from @Termina Moon). If you only play on single player or only play on multiplayer, then please just cast only one vote.

Of course, everyone's play sessions may be different to others; a weeks worth of gameplay for one person might only be an hour, while a days worth of gameplay for another person could be 8 hours. So if you feel that you want to give us more specific details about your crashes, just comment how long you usually play for and how often the game crashes for you. Vote for the options which you feel is most appropriate for you even if it isn't entirely accurate. Please stay on topic and don't derail on to other discussions too much so we can follow the details of everyone's experiences easily. Other suggestions would be nice too.

Thanks for doing this, interested to see how it develops.

If you've seen a difference in stability across the versions, please let me know in the comments. I'm most concerned about how 1.03 is behaving for people, so I'm assuming all the active players are on that version unless stated otherwise.

Sadly my 3DS has been broken for quite a while so I haven't been able to play Terraria on 3DS. Should I vote based on my past experience or would that be invalid since there have been updates since I last played?

Hmm, it's hard to tell, because 1.0.3 fixed the crashes for some people, and didn't for others. Just comment what version you used to play on and how often it crashed anyway :D
[doublepost=1469037654,1469037484][/doublepost]
Thanks for doing this, interested to see how it develops.

If you've seen a difference in stability across the versions, please let me know in the comments. I'm most concerned about how 1.03 is behaving for people, so I'm assuming all the active players are on that version unless stated otherwise.

Since it's hard to tell how many people will actually see this and vote, I will try spreading word of this vote on reddit in case they do have a profile on these forums. But I was also thinking about just straight out asking them to comment their experiences if they don't want to/can't vote and I will note down what it is like for them and put their comments down on this thread.
[doublepost=1469037752][/doublepost]
Hmm, it's hard to tell, because 1.0.3 fixed the crashes for some people, and didn't for others. Just comment what version you used to play on and how often it crashed anyway :D
[doublepost=1469037654,1469037484][/doublepost]

Since it's hard to tell how many people will actually see this and vote, I will try spreading word of this vote on reddit in case they do have a profile on these forums. But I was also thinking about just straight out asking them to comment their experiences if they don't want to/can't vote and I will note down what it is like for them and put their comments down on this thread.

Will hear what r/3ds, r/Nintendo and r/Terraria will say. It may take me a while to post all of the responses since I am about to take multiple flights soon.

@Deanzor
Hopefully people will tell us their experiences here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/4tsl8j/terraria_3ds_players_how_often_does_the_game/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/4tsnrz/terraria_3ds_players_how_often_does_the_game/

https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/4tsjeo/terraria_3ds_players_how_often_does_the_game/
[doublepost=1469041862,1469041424][/doublepost]One person on reddit said on another forum: I have had it crash after only playing for 10 or 15 minutes, and then I can other times play for hours with no issues. I havent noticed a pattern or anything to when it happens.

It's been almost two weeks since the last post here. Is something going to happen soon? the game is not enjoyable. I have it on steam but I moved and don't have my computer yet so I downloaded it on my new 3ds via e-shop. It crashes all the time. So this goes out to the developers:
Please fix it! I technically paid you guys twice. Once on steam and through Nintendo. and I can't play either.

This thread was mainly just to collect information on how often the game crashes for people and not much else. I would have participated more but am usually quite busy while I am on holiday with my girlfriend.

The thread that talks about bugs and crashes the most is here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/3ds-known-issues.37772/page-165

There is another stability and bug fix update coming before we get a content update, but we aren't sure when this update will come out yet. They are still researching the issue on why the game crashes.

Well at least they're releasing a bug fix update... Thanks for the effort man. I appreciate it. It's just so frustrating >.<

Mine crashes every single time I play, and only since the update. I play single player and multiplayer regularly, my daughter's copy crashes MAYBE once a week. I've tried to repair it, but it doesn't work. I can't even really play anymore on my DS version. :(

Does reinstall repeaired craches to someone? I don't want to loose all my save, and there is no ways to back save up as far as i know.

Does reinstall repeaired craches to someone? I don't want to loose all my save, and there is no ways to back save up as far as i know.

A couple of people have said it has worked before, but it hasn't solved the issue for many other people, so it is highly unlikely that it would solve your problem too. I would say wait for the next update whenever it arrives. We are still waiting to hear about the release date of the next update.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom